News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush -- Flush With Success

Started by alanp, February 22, 2012, 08:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Okay, it's all boxed up and ready to roll. The battery doesn't actually fit in there, I just couldn't be bothered stripping the connector out of the circuit. I couldn't find a better place to put the top labels, as you will see...

This thing has a LOT of mucking around potential in it.

And perhaps its my noob showing again, but I got tripped up by the 'Build It Rock It Box It' thing, since I found that I couldn't see a good way of bolting in the power adaptor. Wound up cutting the wires off, bolting it in lightly, soldering the wires back on, then cranking it down.

The Rangemaster is in the top right, and to the bottom left... the La Vache... with two stompswitch holes :D

That's tomorrow night's boxing and rocking (order negotiable.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DutchMF

The Range Master just got a brother, I can see the family resemblance! Nice alanp, your pedalboard will look so cool if you keep this up! And it'll probably be 10 ft long, I think you'r getting hooked on building.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alanp

I ordered a few board at once, was all. I testfitted some parts in the LaVache box last night, and my rough measurements were very off. Dang it.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

gtr2

I like your labeling!

I don't like double flushing  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Quote from: DutchMF on February 22, 2012, 11:55:27 AM
The Range Master just got a brother, I can see the family resemblance! Nice alanp, your pedalboard will look so cool if you keep this up! And it'll probably be 10 ft long, I think you'r getting hooked on building.....

Paul
LOL!  So true!
Nice job Alan, the double flush is a delicious sounding trem... I spy that pimpin vactrol action in there ;)

alanp

Thanks... I really didn't want to bother trying to make my own vactrol with a LDR and LED, so I solved the problem by throwing money at it. The Balance knob seems to be a Depth for the trem wave.

I've just finished my Cupcake, but the Sustain knob works in a very nonlinear fashion. (I suspect I may have cooked the potentiometer.) I want to test it some more before I put up any pictures. And in an example of outstanding 'eyes bigger than my stomach', I ordered a Lowrider PCB. The worst that can happen with these, I figure, is far, far less worse than what could happen soldering together a 50W JCM800 clone.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

nzCdog

Hahah...  you got the disease bad Alan ;)
Love the lowrider, good fun sounds... It takes a while to assemble, but with board mounted pots its a cinch really... rock on!