News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current lover

Started by djaaz, February 14, 2012, 12:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djaaz

First build report.

I usually don't post picture because i just can't make any. Some kind of gift: Whatever i take is ugly.
Note that a good picture would not have changed the fact that: I forgot the switch when i "designed" the artwork.
I would have preferred these pots way higher & the jacks at the side instead of being at the top.

As you can hear, some more work to do on the trimmers, but i'm happy already:

http://djaaz.free.fr/cl.mp3

djaaz

Oh and there is a roadrage beneath the CL pcb.

marauder

The box I'm getting ready has Storm on it too.
Think i can get the board to fit with the jacks on the sides.

Edit: It does fit!  I got the positions of the jacks wrong vertically though, and will have to use a 3PDT, rather than a DPDT + millennium board I usually use, I forgot about the board position.

How much of a difference does the road rage make, worth it or not?

djaaz

I found it easier to bias and better sounding in the end.
There could have been probably other ways to achieve the same result without the roadrage but honestly the biasing was so much easier with my build i did not think of it twice.

It's an easy try, if it does not make much difference for you, then you could still use the roadrage for another purpose.

marmaliser

Nice builds :)
I also found mine a lot easier to bias at 15v
I use a burkey six power supply rather than roadrages

bigmufffuzzwizz

Really cool!! I really like the little sound sample you made, such a dark eerie sounding effect how you have it set..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Nice job!  Tricky to get those jacks on top djaaz, sounds great too!
Marauder, super tidy... sure looks like tight work in there :)

djaaz

Thanks guys,

Will try to edit the post with better stuff: use a real cam instead of a phone. Adjust the trimmers. Record something else than a 4x12 at 2am in the morning so that it does not sound so bassy.