News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Current Lover

Started by LaceSensor, July 21, 2012, 07:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

I built one of these already, but I've got a bit of a hardon recently for powder coated boxes and running stuff at 15v.

I decided to do without the volume control, since for me its set and forget, and make it an internal trimmer.

In lieu of the volume pot, I decided to mount a RoadRage on the underside of the board. I think it would still fit even with the standard 4 pot setup

I used a bit of double sticky sponge tape to hold it on. Then I added a bit on top of the caps for boxing up purposes...

Those caps on the back of the board are workarounds (small red one is a 6.8nF in parallel with a 33nF for ~39nF, while the grey one is a 33nF in parallel with another 33nF to approximate the required 68nF)

Bit of a tight squeeze as per my last one, but it wasnt that big a deal. Just time taken measuring up, marking out, drilling etc.

I like that the RoadRage is totally stealthy :)
I havent had much time to play with it, but it works. I need to tweak the biasing etc.

The outside makes it a nice brother to my other Dirtbag build...

Thanks again for these projects.

nzCdog

i ♥ this pedal... 8)
nice job!

GrindCustoms

Wow! that's a neat job!! Love it!

I think it's time for me to buy my first fabbed board from MB, that seems to be a really cool project and i do need a flanger, you just sold me! ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Man, that is so nicely done. Some really, really impressive builds here lately!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

LaceSensor

Cheers for the kind words.
Yeah I think we are all progressing pretty good.
Id love to get into envirotex, but even buying those vinyls recommended by juansolo my printer wont print them nicely :/

Im sticking with toner transfer for the forseeable.
Next I need to learn a proper graphics package for drawing lines without pixels :(

Hangingmonkey

Nice work on the build.
Can I ask, did you have much trouble adjusting the trimmers. Ive had a current lover which I put together a few months ago just lying around as I couldnt adjust the trimpots well enough to get a proper flange sound and avoid oscillation.  Did you follow the biasing instructions on the BOM or did you do it any other way?

Cheers

LaceSensor

15v or 9v?

I remember it taking some tweaking to sort the 9 v one I did first

I literally didn't have time to do the 15v yet...

LaceSensor

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on July 22, 2012, 07:29:40 PM
Nice work on the build.
Can I ask, did you have much trouble adjusting the trimmers. Ive had a current lover which I put together a few months ago just lying around as I couldnt adjust the trimpots well enough to get a proper flange sound and avoid oscillation.  Did you follow the biasing instructions on the BOM or did you do it any other way?

Cheers

Hi, I just got done biasing this 15v build
I find its got a wide range on the Bias, but sounds best biased quite low. Seems to add more noise the higher you wind up the bias trimmer.

Then it was a case of adjusting the clock trim to taste. I found all the way down this will give some wierd loud thumping noises through the amp. I clocked it just high enough to get rid of these and no higher. You can also get some wierd stuff going on with the regen trim (T1) so I set that to noon. I dont want this to do PolyChorus wierdness, so just enough regen for some good swooshes is enough.

Im happy with it how it is now.

Let us know how yours goes.

PS mine is mn3007

Bret608

The knobs being offset from each other is really cool. You've been up to some serious box-stuffing kung fu lately!  ;D

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 23, 2012, 08:38:00 AM
Quote from: Hangingmonkey on July 22, 2012, 07:29:40 PM
Nice work on the build.

Cheers

Hi, I just got done biasing this 15v build
I find its got a wide range on the Bias, but sounds best biased quite low. Seems to add more noise the higher you wind up the bias trimmer.

Then it was a case of adjusting the clock trim to taste. I found all the way down this will give some wierd loud thumping noises through the amp. I clocked it just high enough to get rid of these and no higher. You can also get some wierd stuff going on with the regen trim (T1) so I set that to noon. I dont want this to do PolyChorus wierdness, so just enough regen for some good swooshes is enough.

Im happy with it how it is now.

Let us know how yours goes.

PS mine is mn3007

Thanks for your reply, mine is the 9v v3207 version.  I'll have another crack at biasing and report back.