News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weener Wah C1 and C5 values

Started by timbo_93631, February 09, 2012, 08:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Ok, if you make C1 smaller the range of the frequency sweep is made smaller as well.  The center frequency stays the same but the sweep from low to high is smaller so it cuts bass, but it also cuts highs too.  In the schematic you have to view C5 and C6 working together so with the pot you get from 3n9 to 103n9.  So at 3n9 the center frequency would be way high, and at 103n9 it would be way low.  Try changing C5 to 10nf and see if you like that center frequency, then adjust C1 to get the sweep you are looking for, maybe 15 nf there.  Fine tune the volume dropoff on the low frequencies and overall gain by messing with R4.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Quote from: chordball on February 11, 2012, 03:37:04 PM
Do you happen to have any clips? (Of the wah, not the kegel exercises :o)

Also, for C5 did you only use 8n2 or did you include the FREQ pot and C6 as well?
webcam clips like crazy...  I gotta get a real mic, but I hope this gives you an idea of the sweep and range of the wah.
First part is clean, then wah on, then Wah>Rebote2.5>one Knob fuzz, then wah>uproar
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/timbo_93631/junk-o-wah[/soundcloud]
Sunday Handwound Pickups

chordball

Yeah dude, that helps. Thanks a lot! And thanks for the explanation of component values.

Can't wait to get my weener up and going.

kinski

Awesome, I'll be trying some different values today and see what happens. Also, to replace the FREQ pot with a 15n cap, would I put the legs of the cap in 1 an 3 pads? Or 1 and 2 pads?

timbo_93631

You make C1 15 nf, C5 10nf, and leave out C6 and the freq pot altogether.
Sunday Handwound Pickups