News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Angus Voltages - Mag Mod

Started by TNblueshawk, February 09, 2012, 06:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Haven't finished many things I've started lately. Been busy on a guitar and amp but I was able to finish this one up that had been sitting around. Needless to say, this little puppy is really cool. Need a LOT more time to play with it though. Guess I'll read the manual  :P

John

DuctTapeRiot

Looking excelent as always!  Love those flat toggle switches and the graphic.  Add yet another one to the list for me!

Ettore_M

Great build, man! I HAVE to build this! It was first on my delay list, but I left it out, because of it being very complex. I build a Beavis Audio Fuzzlab Jr. and I know what it is to wire ten pots and two switches. I think you'll agree.
For what did you wire the footswitches? Delay and tremolo/chorus? I would like to know, because you can have all these things in a pedal. It's pretty awesome..
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

TNblueshawk

Thanks fellas.

Ettore, I literally went part for part on the original doc builds, so I built to "stock" if you will. I was too scared to mod it any more like some of the many suggestions I read in both the DIY and FSB threads. I had printed those out and just went over them several times and decided I better know my limitations !

So just tremelo on the one switch and of course the mods on the other.

I've got something that FFpedals typed out going over what each thing is supposed to do form an interactive standpoint. I can see myself just shutting my door for 2 hours with that pedal on and just playing around. Crap, I may have to write some thing down my memory is so bad  ::)

Because I really didn't want to debug this one, I really took my time and went slow on it. Triple checked my solder joints as I went etc...

I guess the only "mod" I did was pop in a sliver mica cap up there on the left, black one. Another poster on another forum said this cleared up some of the hiss on the gain pot. Also braided those wires for that purpose too. The only "issue" I have is at 1:00 the hiss off the gain starts to make itself noticeable. I can live with it but I may try to clean that up a little, don't know.
John

nzCdog

That is an epic build, TN!!!   Love that finish you get on your pedals 8)
Never heard of this project, do you have a link?
Great work, love to hear a demo :)

mjcyates

Ettore_M

Quote from: nzCdog on February 10, 2012, 12:24:05 AM
That is an epic build, TN!!!   Love that finish you get on your pedals 8)
Never heard of this project, do you have a link?
Great work, love to hear a demo :)
freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3694&sid=1fb62041c0172882bb2e9efbab2c4c9d

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Ettore_M

Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 09, 2012, 10:30:00 PM
So just tremelo on the one switch and of course the mods on the other.

I've got something that FFpedals typed out going over what each thing is supposed to do form an interactive standpoint. I can see myself just shutting my door for 2 hours with that pedal on and just playing around. Crap, I may have to write some thing down my memory is so bad  ::)

Because I really didn't want to debug this one, I really took my time and went slow on it. Triple checked my solder joints as I went etc...
1) I meant on the footswitches..  ;)

2) So there's really a manual for this thing? Or these are just the threads' pages?

3) This is the best decision you can take when you make these kind of builds.. So much wires! Too many possible sources of problems! If my Fuzzlab didn't work immediatelly and I had to check all the joints, I'd rather shoot myself..  :P
- Culturejam

plesur

That's really cool. So many knobs  :o
Great graphics too. "For those about to rock, we salute you"  :D

TNblueshawk

Thanks guys.

There is also this link at DIY for some more info and mods kind of thing

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72527.0

Hey nz, at BYOC there seems to be a board that pops up now and then that someone is trying to sell if you are interested. About a month ago someone was trying to sell one. I don't think he sold it. Let me know if you are interested and I'll PM who I think I remember was selling it. Heck, seemed like had 2 he was trying to unload. You could also try a WTB thread for this too. I have no idea if FFpedals has any more boards either or not. I could ask him too if you want.

Hector...hee...hee...sorry. Didn't get what you meant. On the footswitch I'm forgetting what I read on those options with the delay tails. Some people liked it and some did not so much but I can't remember why they didn't like it. I do so far. I'm just a home hacker so I suspect it had more to do with playing live and what they wanted out of it. Again I wired to stock for how FFpedals desinged the tails to work.

Oh, and that manual was just a joke on my part over at BYOC mostly. There are so many freaking combo's of things to play with kind of thing and a lot of people kept asking what does this do or what does that do etc... so I figured it could use a "manual"  :P
John

lego4040

:o I want it, now. You must enter that in build off contest. Angus was only 15 when when they cut their first single Can I get next to you, damn.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Glad to see someone build one of these! I've had this project on my to do list for way to long now. It used to scare me, now I know its just a lot of parts and not anything too crazy..The way you lay'd yours out is great!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals