News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DC test board

Started by Liustucru, February 12, 2012, 10:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liustucru

Hey everyone,

this is my first post. I'm not used to forum writing... but I wanted to share some stuff I built using Madbean boards of course.

First, my name is Gillian (aka Lius aka Liustucru), I live in France and I'm addicted to Madbean.
Second, thank you Brian, thank you Madbean, thank you all guys in the forum because I've learnt a lot in just few months.

So let me introduce something very useful: my testing rig called "DC test board".
"DC" comes from "Dona confuse" which is my band name. Feel free to visit the website : http://www.donaconfuse.fr where you can find music and video for you to make your idea about the sound we're playing.

Here it is:

the guts (quite messy):

and the board in action with the LaVache on the left, the Fatpants (connected to the board), then the Snack Shack and the Cosmopolitan on the top right corner:

The idea was to have maximum flexibility concerning power, wiring... So I used Madbean's new Road Rage with a LT1054. I integrated an audio probe output (that I've not used yet) following the advice I read in the forum and a SAG control because I love fuzz !!!

I realized that half the price of building a pedal usually comes from the enclosure, jacks, switches. So I decided to build this test rig to be able to test (of course) several FX before having to box them and give priority to the ones I like the most. But as Brian's projects are brilliant, I love them all and I will have to box them all !
I have lots of 'old' boards to populate and new projects already sound awesome so I will be overwhelmed soon.

Be patient Gillian, be patient !!!

Ettore_M

Welcome to the forum, Gillian! Glad to meet you!

That's a very interesting testing rig you got there. Seems to be really flexible. You should make a project pdf in which you show how all these stuff are wired. It will be very helpful for all the forum members. And think about moving this thread to the Member Projects and Tutorials subforum.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

madbean

Yes, welcome to the forum. I can tell you have a lot of great builds to show off! I'm glad to see such a nice test rig done with style :)

gtr2

Thats the nicest looking test rig I've seen.  It's pretty!  I've enjoyed the builds you've posted as well.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Liustucru

Quote from: Ettore_M on February 12, 2012, 12:51:31 PM
Welcome to the forum, Gillian! Glad to meet you!

That's a very interesting testing rig you got there. Seems to be really flexible. You should make a project pdf in which you show how all these stuff are wired. It will be very helpful for all the forum members. And think about moving this thread to the Member Projects and Tutorials subforum.

Hector

Thank you.
Actually it is a mix between the Beavis board : http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/ and Madbean's road rage with some parts I gathered from old stuff (like the terminal strip). Honestly I don't know how to make a clean and comprehensive project doc but I can try to answer any question with pleasure.

nzCdog

Very cool...  :o
That is indicative you are a very organised pedal builder!  Nice idea using the road rage :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Very, very nice! That is going to be a very handy testing rig! And welcome to the board, it seems your already on your way.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals