News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Mouser-order.

Started by Sigesmundninja, January 21, 2012, 07:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

I'm going to place my first order at mouser in a couple of days. Mostly to get hold of some trimpots and 4uf cap for the weener wah. Noticed that enclosures are pretty expensive at mouser but are there any other "special" parts you guys recommend to get when ordering from mouser? are they extra cheap on any parts?

sgmezei

Cliff

Is it just me or is the weener wah documentation not released yet?

Itching to do a mouser order too haha.

lloyd17

Yes check out that Mouser thread for tons of info. I like to order what I can from Tayda and use Mouser for the stuff Tayda doesn't have IE uncommon values for 1% resistors and box caps and certain IC's. Shipping is so cheap from each that it can sort of be counted as one order for personal accounting purposes. Plus since Tayda is cheapo on resistors and sell in 10pc lots you build up a set of common values without really trying. I like to tack around 5-10 bucks worth of trannies and toggles onto every Tayda order just for shiggles and to stock the bin. Sooner or later some new builder is going to get a fantastic parts lot from me when my pedal collection is done [lol] and I've nothing left to build [lol]

TNblueshawk

Quote from: Cliff on January 21, 2012, 10:34:48 PM
Is it just me or is the weener wah documentation not released yet?

Itching to do a mouser order too haha.

I was just thinking the same thing on the weener wah.

Yes, Mouser is cheap and great if you can get the hang of that site.
John