News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bargain at ebay! It´s still possible...

Started by small fish, January 25, 2012, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small fish

Hi,
sorry for starting something which has nuthin to do with diy projects, but I made a hell of a jump today:

I bought a DS-1 on ebay germany, tried to pick it up (it was announced as a BOSS LS-1  ??? , pretty beaten up but fully functional):
The seller called, just 2 km before I reached his place: "Uh, well,...the pedal doesn´t exist anymore! My brother sold it....but I have an BOSS XT-2! Do you want it?"
"Well, no! Although it was pretty beaten up, I wanted to have some parts for modding! Keep the XT-2..., bye!"
I was pretty f**** up, returned to the highway and drove home.
Only 20min later, he called again:"Oh, you won´t believe it...I´ve found it....do you want it?"
Some rude words later, I agreed, that he send it by mail. I transferred the money and today it arrived:
Unwrapped the parcel, and guess: a MIJ DS-1, serial: 204000 (which means july 1982), only the battery clip was destroyed and one knob was missing, the TA7136AP (sil7) inside.....

Plugged it in, and *smile*

....ehm, did I say, I paid only $20? No? Ok.....I paid only 20 bucks!!!!!!

Maybe you also got a story behind your pedals? Garage sale or something?

If it´s off-topic or wrong forum, plz remove or move.

I just wanted to share my "lucky-end-of-day" experience  ;D

regards
Carsten
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!

Cliff

Just last week I picked up an 80's DOD Phaser off ebay that was "broken" for 15 bucks. All it was missing was a battery clip, 30cent fix! I actually don't mind the phaser either! Warm and gooey  :D

stecykmi

ive yet to get any really good deals on pedals, i think people in the toronto area are very business savy when it comes to selling old gear

rlopes

I bought a 80's Chandler Tube Driver for 70€. I think that was a great find  ;)

marauder

Got a Boss CS-3 mint condition, boxed with instructions, but non-working for £10.

The factory opamps in it were inline 4558s but a variation only rated to 7V max.  Owner said it worked for around a year and then just stopped.  An opamp swap and it worked.