News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HELPPPP!! I've got problem with my Gilterrattii... :'(

Started by andrapgm03, December 20, 2011, 04:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

What do you mean by "sleeve tip" - that's actually %100 not possible.

The tip and sleeve are two separate parts of a plug. You could mean several things by this statement, and you need to clarify which one you mean:

the input tip
the input sleeve
the output tip
the output sleeve

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

Quote from: andrapgm03 on December 22, 2011, 04:38:52 PM
my lug no 9 is connected with  IN tip, am I wrong ?

No, that's good. It is slightly different than what is pictured in the wiring diagram, which could be confusing. But it should work just fine.

should lug no 9 connected to the ground ?

No.

Ok, calm down. All these numbers are making things more confusing than they need to be. So lets not use numbers and ASCII diagrams anymore. I get a feeling like there is some kind of language barrier here. What is your native language?

you can use Google Translate with anything in this thread that is confusing...
I think understanding how a 3dpt works will help you to get yours working
please reread the second half of my post and measure the resistance on your switch to see what the problem is

jkokura

JMK PCBs *New Website*

glowsheep

andrapgm03

Quote from: jtn191 on December 22, 2011, 05:56:16 PM
my lug no 9 is connected with  IN tip, am I wrong ?

No, that's good. It is slightly different than what is pictured in the wiring diagram, which could be confusing. But it should work just fine.

should lug no 9 connected to the ground ?

No.

Ok, calm down. All these numbers are making things more confusing than they need to be. So lets not use numbers and ASCII diagrams anymore. I get a feeling like there is some kind of language barrier here. What is your native language?

you can use Google Translate with anything in this thread that is confusing...
I think understanding how a 3dpt works will help you to get yours working
please reread the second half of my post and measure the resistance on your switch to see what the problem is

My native language is chinese, currently work in Singapore. I try read again and understand the messages which have been posted here, I'm sorry for the gap and my bad English understanding. Currently still studying here :) :). Actually, I've been used the google translate to translate this all of conversation in Chinese language. It kind a weird, so I try to calm down and read again the message... :) :)

About ASCII numbering, okay, I will not post again..sorry for the inconvenience

@glowsheep

Yes, they aren't connected to the ground, should I connect them to the ground ? :) :)

andrapgm03

Hello everyone,

first of all I want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 for all members...

ok, back to glitterrattii project, Today, I start to do this project again and do some testing...
I've read carefully and follow the instructions, some of them are from http://madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf and http://www.singlecoil.com/docs/ab.pdf

also from here http://www.diystompboxes.com/tbbox/tbbox.jpg

I tried to re-soldering my 3 PDT lugs too, I reviewed some of my lugs (from my latest post and photos), but I still don't get my bypassed sound, so I decide to take a short break and post some questions here about my project.

question;
Now, I try to un-soldering my Glitterrattii 3 PDT, remove all the cables and try to re-soldering again, so please tell me, where do I have to re-soldering the wires from my glitterrattii board on 3PDT lugs?

EDITED:

Right now, I able to do bypass sound from Glitterrattii 3 PDT, I've found my mistake in TRS female wiring. I found the clue when I opened my several stompboxes and do several trial and error soldering. Now, the problem is.

I try to turn on my Glitterratti but there is no sound on it, just noise buzzing anywhere. I don't have idea about my mistake, then I turn off my 3 PDT, I get my bypassed guitar sound.

IMG_0387 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

IMG_0384 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

I followed this http://madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

IMG_0386 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

IMG_0385 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

this is the problem of my glitterrattii...finally I've got 3 PDT bypass sound

IMG_0382 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

IMG_0390 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

IMG_0389 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

IMG_0388 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

IMG_0391 by andrapgm03, on Flickr

Please help me...

Thank you

jkokura

If you have sound in Bypass and not when the pedal is engaged, the problem could be many things. I can tell you that your wiring looks very poor, and it makes it very difficult to see what's going on there. I understand that's probably hard to hear, but from our perspective you're not really sharing things that will help us help you.

Have you seen the "rules for getting tech help" thread? You should go check that out and see the sort of information that will really help us. A whole bunch of pictures of your wiring and switch don't really help in this case, but pictures of your PCB might help at this point. Really you need to go back and work the steps of debugging - checking to see if your parts are correct and oriented properly, using an audio probe to follow the signal, and those sorts of things.

I'm happy to help, you just need to give us different information than you have.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

andrapgm03

Quote from: jkokura on January 03, 2012, 02:44:56 PM
If you have sound in Bypass and not when the pedal is engaged, the problem could be many things. I can tell you that your wiring looks very poor, and it makes it very difficult to see what's going on there. I understand that's probably hard to hear, but from our perspective you're not really sharing things that will help us help you.

Have you seen the "rules for getting tech help" thread? You should go check that out and see the sort of information that will really help us. A whole bunch of pictures of your wiring and switch don't really help in this case, but pictures of your PCB might help at this point. Really you need to go back and work the steps of debugging - checking to see if your parts are correct and oriented properly, using an audio probe to follow the signal, and those sorts of things.

I'm happy to help, you just need to give us different information than you have.

Jacob

Thank you Jacob for your concern, about my Glitterrattii project, right now, I have two Glitterrattii single sided PCB, I removed some parts from 1st board into 2nd board (new one), I do re-soldering tbe parts and I still face same problem which my Glitterrattii doesn't give me any overdrive sound.

I'm still curious what is the main problem of my Glitterrattii. I tried to write down all of my problem into Gen-Tech rules.

(1) Project Name
-Glitterrattii

(2) General description of the problem
- Finally, I've got my bypassed guitar sound, directly, but when I pressed my 3 PDT (make the Glitterrattii on), nothing happened, just small buzzing sound when I  turned the pot into max.

(3) Steps that you have taken to try to resolve the issue
- My previous soldering is poor, so I try to make another board, and re soldering the parts.
- Checking the 3 PDT lugs value and logic with the board
- Checking the IC1 (JRC4558D) and IC2 (TL02) for the voltage
- Checking the TRS in jack and out jack for the wiring

(4) List any substitutions you used for parts/values
-I don't use any subs for the parts, I still follow the original parts, I didn't  increase C1 
to 220n, C10 and C11 to 68n and C7, C12 to 10n. (bass friendly)

Please Jacob, give me your advice in advance :) :) I'm getting hopeless right now

Thank You

andrapgm03

Finally, it works..

After long winding road to build......

My Gliterrattii has been rocked out!!!

I'll update the sound sample, I still have a spare board to make once more.... I believe with using Sprague cap and Mallory cap will give me a better result of my next Glitterrattii...

Anybody has been tried to change the caps into High Grade quality caps ?

Cheers