News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage - older version (ver.3) help please

Started by dap9, January 02, 2012, 10:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dap9

Hi all,

I have a few Road Rage boards that have Ver.3 written on them and they're slighly different than the .pdf file pic.  Mine looks like this:

There's a spot for a "regulator" (which isn't on the current version).  I see a guy here built one on the ver.3 board and left off the regulator (pic below).  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

okgb

Thanks for pointing out the archive , i hadn't found yet
But maybe an obvious question  , I don't see a number for the regulator on V3 pcb
what , where is it ?

tia regards Greg

cjkbug

thats because you c\have to choose one based on the voltage you want,78l05,78lo9,etc.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

okgb

I can understand that , but you 'd think there would be some mention in the build guide
becuase you have to get the right case style number to fit the board so some example
of a number would be handy  , so far I can't find the right one on digikey [ or any 18 v
is it adjustable or fixed ? ]

madbean

Quote from: okgb on January 17, 2012, 09:42:30 PM
I can understand that , but you 'd think there would be some mention in the build guide
becuase you have to get the right case style number to fit the board so some example
of a number would be handy  , so far I can't find the right one on digikey
is it the t092 ??? that is like a common transistor ?

The package drawing on the silkscreen indicates a T0-92 size, but it's not explicitly stated in the documentation. Those are actually considered integrated circuits, but they a packaged in transistor casings.

okgb

Can you recomend an 18 v  number ?
I assume the pcb does not take into account adjustable regulators ?
I'm just trying to find a number i can order , that fits .
tia

cjkbug

the 18 v output comes from the charge pump not the reg. the reg output is fed from the pumps 18v output and steps it down from there.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!