News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I finally found a pedal to use those ugly tayda knobs. My take on the RAT

Started by jimmybjj, January 16, 2012, 06:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Finished this over the weekend, a rat clone. Wiring isn't my best but it is passable. Dc texture powder.

Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Very cool... that font is awesome, and the knobs look great on there too.  Gotta try to powder coat sometime, they look so good

nzCdog

add4

jtn191

beautiful work, man. lol if your wiring here is "passable" then mine is... :-[

add4

Still using this 'i-cant-remember-that-name' brand of decals that uses a carrier paper to color/transfer laser jet toner on pedals?
beautiful result!

jimmybjj

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

Quote from: add4 on January 16, 2012, 10:12:42 PM
Still using this 'i-cant-remember-that-name' brand of decals that uses a carrier paper to color/transfer laser jet toner on pedals?
beautiful result!

Yep, still using pulsar decals. A huge pain to use IMO, but the best solution to decals for me.

Quote from: nzCdog on January 16, 2012, 08:12:01 PM
Is that your pcb design?

Yes, my layout.

Quote from: add4 on January 16, 2012, 08:43:54 PM
beautiful paint job .. can you link to the powder you used?

Thanks. http://powder365.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=245 easily the most forgiving powder i've used to date. Flows beautifully without tons of effort.
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

HAHA nice job Jim.  This is the first time I've seen those knobs used in a way that compliments the pedal.  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

Nice build mate.

The knobs match the paintjob so good times.

I like the fact you have drilled the 1590B with no space for a battery as well; batteries are becoming less and less used with pedals IMO.

the3secondrule

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

jtn191

Quote from: raulduke on January 17, 2012, 09:45:37 AM

I like the fact you have drilled the 1590B with no space for a battery as well; batteries are becoming less and less used with pedals IMO.

Not to hijack but It's funny, I was showing my friends my pedals and they were like "and a place for batteries?"

I guess some people prefer not carrying a power supply but IMO batteries are not fun

raulduke

Yep batteries kind of suck. PSU's are a lot cheaper nowaday's so I don't see the point of them anymore with pedals.

I think the bigger FX companies should try and push people in that direction. You can buy one of those re-chargeable 9V supplies for 'just in case' scenarios anyway.

Their damage to the environment, and how to dispose of them is also a major negative IMO.

jkokura

I like what Red Witch has done with the 7 sisters series. The lithium ion battery technology is tried and true enough in our society, and certainly has less impact on our environment.

Most people who use 9Vs still don't recycle them. If you use them, recycle them properly.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Very nice! I bought some of those too! Your wiring still looks impeccable, you must have extremely high standards.  ;)
I almost feel like it should be "The Bee" (who killed the rat)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals