News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

noob question for serendipity

Started by DLM, January 16, 2012, 09:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLM

OK guys ,  think i have ordered all my parts ! expect my enclosure  and foot switch . I'm not sure what type of switch to use 3dpt pc mount or momentary  4dpt  . I have no idea what each  do . so which of these do i need ?  And whats the best brand ?  thanks DLM

JakeFuzz

A normal MXR sized enclosure should work (1290 at PPP or 1590B everywhere else) but larger enclosures are easier to work with. You have more mounting space and room to move things around while wiring.

As for the switch most everyone uses the blue 3PDT's. You don't want a momentary switch. Momentary means when you let go it goes back to its original position. Your pedal would be permanently on or off unless you held down the switch. 4PDT's are useful but are probably overkill for a bypass switch, you really only need two poles for the bypass and another for the LED.

DLM

Thank you for you time . I really appreciate it ! 

JakeFuzz

No problem. Oh the other thing I just noticed is you probably don't want PC pin mounts on that 3PDT switch. You should get one that has solder lugs, sometimes they call it panel mount. PC pins are made to go into holes on a PCB and can be difficult to solder wires too. The solder lug mounts have holes in each connection that make wires much easier to attach.  

A little pricey from small bear but this is the kind you will want. They are the most commonly used.
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=20

Haberdasher

pedalpartsplus has super nice powdercoated enclosures and 3pdt switches, but if you haven't already made your order from smallbear they have both things as well and you could just pay shipping once from there.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS