News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

KTS - Effectslayouts Kentauride

Started by Willybomb, August 15, 2024, 11:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's KTS, using Effectlayout's Kentauride pcb.  It's a TS-10 into a Klon.

There's a post here somewhere from me where I've had all sorts of issues with the pcbs I got initially.  One grounded the signal at the input, and the other two have a fairly low gain and volume on the TS side.

With this one, I looked up high gain mods and did a few component swaps and these brought it up to where I thought it should be.  Then, somehow, I killed a trace so I had to jumper across to get the output.  Anyway, it works now if a little messy and I'll socket those components in future builds (I have another 2 to build).

This was weird as the schematic and values are the same for any other TS.

I may or may not trim those leads to a shorter length.

Tayda drill and UV print, using stolen internet images from somewhere.  I'll probably try and find aluminium red/green knobs for the next one.

jessenator

This one got lost in the shuffle

How do you like the sound? I have the Loyalist and it's an interesting premise to have two well known circuits in parallel(?) like that. I find the Rat in that a bit overpowering.

Is there a decent balance between klone and Screamer?
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

Willybomb

I've built the Loyalist as well, wasn't bad actually but sold that off (they're in series, btw).  I haven't played that much with this, I don't find either to overpower the other.