News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage to DROP voltage?

Started by eldanko, January 11, 2012, 03:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

I have a friend who want to turn his Vox Amplug into a pedal - says he likes the AC30 tone he gets from it.  The Amplug (as seen here: http://www.voxamps.com/amplug/#page_specifications) runs off of 2 AAA batteries, or 3V. 

Is it possible to use a road rage board (or something similar) to actually drop the incoming voltage to 3V?  What would I need as far as IC/regulator for that?  Thanks friends!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

JakeFuzz

You need two capacitors, a tiny strip of vero board and a 78L03. Look in the data sheet and you should find a general schematic to make the Vero. 9 volts in on one side and 3 volts out.

gtr2

If you get a chance post some gut shots of the amplug.  Just for curiosity sake.   ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eldanko

Josh - you know I will!   ;)

Jake - is the following schem correct?  It's the closest I found to what you described.  Not sure why it specifies tantalum...

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

JakeFuzz

Exactly  :D

it will just be a 3 strip piece of Vero. Two capacitors connect the outer two tracks to the center for ripple filtering. Just connect 9 volts to the input lug, ground is the center lug (usually, you may want to double check as my track record for this is pretty bad  ;D) and the output lug will give you 3 volts. I usually use bigger caps than that though, mostly 1-10uf I think should be fine.