News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

noob question about ic 's for serendipty

Started by DLM, January 08, 2012, 01:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLM

Hello again guys . I found on ebay  ad 712 ' s  but they have letters at the end of them like ad712 jn or nz or n etc. what do those letters mean ?  I did a google search , couldn't find anything info . Also I ' ve been reading up on ic chips and some guys like using different chips in place of the ad712  like  TI TLC2272  or OPA2134pa . Do these sound a lot better in the circuit ? Anybody tried these ? I could install a pin socket and mess around with them I guess . What do you guys suggest ? Thanks

sgmezei

Definitely use a socket so you dont fry the chip and also you can swap chips in and out easily. A ton of IC's are interchangeable as long as they have the same pinouts. Get them all and try them out. Only matters if YOU can hear a difference.

Welcome to the Forum!!

Haberdasher

Hi

The suffix letters probably don't mean a whole lot, but you do need to make sure you are buying an 8 pin through hole chip as opposed to a tiny surface mount part.  Maybe you should post the ebay link so we can see it.

Also be aware if you order your chip from China or Hong Kong, it could take a while to arrive.  Delivery time seems inconsistent in my experience.  Sometimes it's a week & change, other times it takes over 20 days.  So that's something to think about if you're in a rush.

Another option would be TLE2072, which is the TI cross reference to the AD712.

x2 on using a socket
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS