News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Am I just a gullible rube…? why am I questioning this

Started by jessenator, March 31, 2023, 07:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Someone shared with me this Emily Hopkins video about a new JHS pedal, and I really can't tell I hate that I'm questioning if this is real or not…

coming off of Josh's own history of making videos mocking the terribleness of solid state amps, the true water holding of certain mysterious pedals like (a la the Bad Monkey), and so on.

This is incredibly elaborate piss taking, it just has to be!

https://www.jhspedals.info/ <— the current front page material's CTA leads to the merch store https://shop.merchcentral.com/collections/jhs-pedals/products/jhs-pedals-bat-sim-t-shirt    and we're March 31st… is March 31st the new April Fools Day? Am I finally getting old and not getting jokes right off the bat (ha) anymore? (don't answer that)

I think I'm more angry about having to question it (publicly or otherwise) than I am actually not knowing. -____________-
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

benny_profane

jimilee

I'm not sure I believe it either. It all sounds ridiculous.

Edit oh no, it's complete BS. I think it's because the 1st is on a Saturday, although I'm not sure what that would matter.

CVS 9v batteries only. Get outta here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BricksnBeatles

Nobody falls for jokes on April 1 anymore, so you gotta drop em a day or two early these days

Aentons

It's sooooo stupid I can't believe anyone would actually fall for it... The only thing I found funny was her shirt :)

mjg

It was already April 1st in Aus and NZ when they posted it...checks out.

I'll have to watch it later, Emily is hilarious.

derevaun

I like how JHS has learned to get outside artists to tell their jokes so they seem less spiteful.

In any case, this reminded me of a rig rundown with Sonny Landreth in which he says he didn't like the sound he got with 9v rechargeable batteries (presumably NiMH), preferring the sound of a SLA (or maybe Li Ion?) battery pedal power supply. If I ever claim something like that, I hope someone slaps me back to my senses--but Sonny Landreth, I dunno.

Aleph Null

JHS also released a video. If you click the "buy" link in the video description, it eventually leads you to an option to buy a shirt that says, "I believe in magic". April 1st being on a Saturday, I think they decided to release their traditional April Fools video on the closest normal video release day for them.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

lars

It's obviously a crock. Everybody knows that Jimi Hendrix used Eveready "black cat" batteries to get his tone.

jessenator

"Dear Eveready,

I was about to go on stage at Woodstock when..."
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

WonkoTheSane

That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

Invertiguy

Doomsday Devices