News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Red Rocket - Jimilee Red Rocker PCB

Started by Willybomb, February 11, 2023, 06:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  This is Red Rocket, using Jimilee's Red Rocker PCB.  We had a few issues at first but found out it was a dud 20k resistor in the power section (Jimi had been kind enough to send his voltages through and suggest where to look).  Once that was fixed, we were good to go.

This would have to be in my top 5 drives, if not top 3.  I messed up and once again got the volume and drive labels swapped in my print template.  I'll get knobs on it sometime, but I'll wait until I need to do another order.  I may have to get another pcb off Jimi too...

Willy.

jimilee

That looks killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jwin615

Nice build. Is this based on the Bogner pedal?

Willybomb

jimilee

Quote from: jwin615 on February 11, 2023, 02:35:27 PM
Nice build. Is this based on the Bogner pedal?
I've read speculation that the Revv amp was based on the Bogner. I can't confirm that myself.

I've learned a bit more about the troubleshooting process on my side.I'm telling you, if you want to learn more about the pedal process, find a schematic, throw it into eagle and make some boards. It's taught me so much.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.