News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tourbus help

Started by geekmacdaddy, January 04, 2023, 07:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekmacdaddy

Hey folks,
I installed C35 (100uf) backwards and it blew up. Replaced it, and all voltages seem ok (I think) but not getting any output from pin1 on IC1, or IC 2, pin6 and 7 and, usually when you plug the pedal in, you get a flash from the "overdrive" LED, but now, nothing. Also replace C36 and C37...same results.
Thanks!

geekmacdaddy

I probably blew out the LED. Would that do it?

gordo

So the rest of the pedal is OK, just the overload LED isn't working?  I'd suspect the transistor but you should be able to check LED function with a battery (or supply) and a 4k7 resistor to see if it lights up.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

geekmacdaddy

Quote from: gordo on January 04, 2023, 10:52:38 PM
So the rest of the pedal is OK, just the overload LED isn't working?  I'd suspect the transistor but you should be able to check LED function with a battery (or supply) and a 4k7 resistor to see if it lights up.
Well yes to the rest of the pedal, sans any output on pin 1 of IC1 or 6 and 7 on IC2...I changed the LED...still not getting juice. Thanks for the help :)

gordo

Damn, I did read the pin 1 bit and totally blew thru it.  What chips have you replaced?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

geekmacdaddy

Quote from: gordo on January 05, 2023, 02:18:28 AM
Damn, I did read the pin 1 bit and totally blew thru it.  What chips have you replaced?
All but 2 of the opamps (I've never blown one of those). My readings were all good.

jimilee

Quote from: geekmacdaddy on January 05, 2023, 07:53:10 AM
All but 2 of the opamps (I've never blown one of those). My readings were all good.
This is just a stab in the dark, but is it safe to say you remembered to use the bi-polar cap in the right spot? I screwed that up last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

geekmacdaddy

Quote from: jimilee on January 05, 2023, 07:54:02 PM
This is just a stab in the dark, but is it safe to say you remembered to use the bi-polar cap in the right spot? I screwed that up last year.
;D I did, thanks.

jimilee

Quote from: geekmacdaddy on January 05, 2023, 08:57:54 PM
;D I did, thanks.

You broke it.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

geekmacdaddy

Quote from: jimilee on January 05, 2023, 09:04:21 PM
Quote from: geekmacdaddy on January 05, 2023, 08:57:54 PM
;D I did, thanks.

You broke it.

Hahahahahhaaaaa! I did! Thank you  :D :D ;D I needed that!