News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

changing the switch on the Wolfshirt to a 3pdt footswitch

Started by MarkL, August 10, 2022, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkL

I'm going to build up a Wolfshirt, but really would like to have the octave switch as a footswitch (with an LED signalling when it's engaged).  I've never adapted this sort of switch in this way...can anybody direct me to a diagram or tutorial about how to make this change?  I'm guessing it's likely not terribly complicated, but I want to avoid making mistakes along the way.

mauman

You're right, it's not complicated!  A DPDT stomp switch will work, but if you have a 3PDT you can use it, just ignore the 3rd column of lugs.  Choose a current limiting resistor to set the desired brightness of your LED, usually somewhere between 2k and 8k does the trick.  I assume you want LED on = octave on, that's what's shown here. If not, move the LED from lug 4 to lug 6.

Bio77

I built this a few years ago, so, I might be remembering incorrectly. I remember considering this mod but decided against it because I think there is a volume change when the switch is engaged.  You might want to check out the the Fulltone Ultimate Octave and see if this is a complaint.  This is basically what you are describing. 

mauman

Quote from: MarkL on August 10, 2022, 08:16:59 PM
I'm going to build up a Wolfshirt, but really would like to have the octave switch as a footswitch (with an LED signalling when it's engaged).
Another way to address the issue that Bio77 brought up is the Prescription Electronics Clean/Octave Blend, it's based on the Tone Machine but you can balance the levels if you make it with an Octave foot switch like you mentioned.  I don't think anyone is selling PCBs right now, but I have made these and can post a vero layout if you want to give that a shot.