News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rust bucket 2.0-attack decay

Started by Thewintersoldier, March 26, 2022, 01:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This one has been poked, prodded, pulled apart, put back together turned into Frankenstein and resurrected. Started life as a stock rust bucket. I got sidetracked at one point with scruffie's modulation mod. I put the Vero together. I connected the mod board and a 9mm pot and drilled the enclosure. Man was it a tight fit. The modulation is really interesting but I wish I could have it on a separate footswitch to turn it on and off but there was no room in the enclosure. Ultimately I removed it because it kinda took away from the original effect and I figured I could always run it with other things. It would be really cool to do an effects loop and insert all kinds of pedals into it...if you're reading this Brian, something to think about in the future if you bring it back! So here is the resurrected rust bucket back in its original incarnation with a shiny new enclosure with all the backwards envelope violin playing your heart desires.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

That's awesome. It's such a cool effect.

Bio77

Looks great!  This is one of my favorite MB projects.

blackhatboojum

Not my style of effect but, your work looks great as always. 
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

madbean

Looks super! This one is definitely in the "coming back soon but updated" category. I plan on keeping all the mbp EHX projects available from here on out.

jimilee

Awesome, I love this pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

fig

Whether at my feet or on a forum, it's always a treat to see one of your builds Chris.
I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

Scruffie

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 26, 2022, 01:07:30 PM
I got sidetracked at one point with scruffie's modulation mod. I put the Vero together. I connected the mod board and a 9mm pot and drilled the enclosure. Man was it a tight fit. The modulation is really interesting but I wish I could have it on a separate footswitch to turn it on and off but there was no room in the enclosure. Ultimately I removed it because it kinda took away from the original effect and I figured I could always run it with other things.
Hey, you tried it! Well, I'm glad it was interesting at least, I was hoping it might make it sound more violin-y.

I'm guessing you didn't get any demo footage of it?
Works at Lectric-FX

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Scruffie on March 29, 2022, 10:54:57 PM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 26, 2022, 01:07:30 PM
I got sidetracked at one point with scruffie's modulation mod. I put the Vero together. I connected the mod board and a 9mm pot and drilled the enclosure. Man was it a tight fit. The modulation is really interesting but I wish I could have it on a separate footswitch to turn it on and off but there was no room in the enclosure. Ultimately I removed it because it kinda took away from the original effect and I figured I could always run it with other things.
Hey, you tried it! Well, I'm glad it was interesting at least, I was hoping it might make it sound more violin-y.

I'm guessing you didn't get any demo footage of it?
no sound clip, it was held together with bubble gum and shoelaces. I used a trimmer in place of the pot. It was also a little noise as it was outside the enclosure. I think a loop would be a great was to implement the effect while adding all kinds of effects on the envelope. Octave, flange , phaser would be awesome with this.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Govmnt_Lacky

SWEET build Chris!!

Pro Tip: If you have continuity between the In/Out jacks via the enclosure, remove one of the Ground lines going to either jack. By Grounding both AND having the enclosure provide continuity between the jacks, you potentially have a giant antenna  :o

dawson

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 30, 2022, 06:39:04 PM
SWEET build Chris!!

Pro Tip: If you have continuity between the In/Out jacks via the enclosure, remove one of the Ground lines going to either jack. By Grounding both AND having the enclosure provide continuity between the jacks, you potentially have a giant antenna  :o

That is very good to know-
Everyday is a school day at MBP!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 30, 2022, 06:39:04 PM
SWEET build Chris!!

Thanks man, high praise as I don't see you popping up too much these days so a shout out from someone of your caliber who does some of the most top shelf builds is a pretty big compliment. I haven't had issues with the enclosure yet in a build as far as I know, but if that does happen now I know how to fix it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?