News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Polytrog prebuild

Started by gordo, March 25, 2022, 12:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Dang this thing is cool.  Especially for a non phaser guy that has WAY too many phasers.  I don't really have the envelope stuff suss'd out yet but set a 6.3v is pretty slick.

If memory serves (and that's questionable these days) the Poly was put out right about the time that phasers went out of favor and never really got the major kudos it deserved.  I could see using this thing in envelope mode as I have it set up just for the cool swishes it imparts on strong pick attacks.  Very slick.  This one went together pretty painlessly and although it was out in limbo in MB development for ages it's well worth the wait.  Build notes:  it was weird relying on CabinTech for vactrols in the wake of SB going down but totally painless and really nice folks to deal with.  A few tented/paralleled resistor values but nothing extreme.  I panicked when it didn't fire up right away due to the fact that it isn't true bypass.  If everything is wired up as posted or you get creative with a couple of testing jumpers you're gold.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

This is cool Gordo, I have my big tayda order coming in the next couple days with all my 1/8watt resistor values I was missing. I have a project for someone else to do and I'm jumping in head first into this then the worm. Can't wait to see your build.
Who the hell is Bucky?