News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

knobbies

Started by jessenator, March 15, 2022, 05:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

So over the years I had a small collection of knobs from things that didn't work out otherwise didn't want, Dave the knobs. Most are just too large for projects, like some gnarly suckers that came off a Peavey PA series mixer. There are few designs song the collection I like, but wondered if there were newer versions of at least smaller versions.

This one is similar to another style I have, but I like the indicator protrusion on these. Had anyone seen knobs on this fashion that don't command """""vintage""""" prices?

I've been working on refacing a pedal that would benefit from this style. Thanks.

harryklippton

Tayda has some like that but I think they're for knurled shafts. I used some like this but gold instead of silver and got them from LMS

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/knobs/knurled-aluminum-black-knob-with-silver-circle-30x18mm-shaft-diameter-6x18t.html

jessenator

Quote from: harryklippton on March 15, 2022, 10:57:17 AM
Tayda has some like that but I think they're for knurled shafts. I used some like this but gold instead of silver and got them from LMS

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/knobs/knurled-aluminum-black-knob-with-silver-circle-30x18mm-shaft-diameter-6x18t.html

Ah nice! Yeah those are some handsome knobs. I might snag some of those for another project. Ugh, I submitted a Tayda and LMS Friday! Would've been perfect, but I'll catch on the next one.

I kinda went down a rabbit hole after that link you shared just trying to find something remotely like what I was thinking (and from somewhere I hadn't recently submitted an order through), and though the style isn't exactly what I had imagined, I think I'm going to go with these jobbies.

Here's what they look like, because Mouser can't be bothered to include a thumbnail:

And here's the actual knob I would like to find one day (right) and the other main knobs (left) which a bandmate always called "Darth Vader knobs":

A bit too large to really do anything with besides a one-pot project, though.

I thought about getting these, but I like the look of the chamfer on the product above vs notch on the indicators with these.