News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delay Lovers Anonymous - Do you need help?

Started by gtr2, December 12, 2011, 06:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

currently I have:
*Boss RPS10 (half rack digital delay and pitch-shifter). pitch-sfted reverse delay rules! sounds kinda like the octaverb setting on the L6 Verbzilla
*boss DM100 - big daddy of the Dm2
*Ibanez Ad100 - more mn3005 lushness
*ibanez ad9 - keeley modded. probably where my analog obsession began  ;D
*Ibanez DE7 - I actually really rate this guy, for a cheapy
*catalinbread montvillian echo - really nicely voiced PT2399 delay - the filter control is a really useful addition
*aquaboy w v3205
*dirtbag w/ 3005s
*ehx memory man solid state echo / chorus

Previously I have had:
boss dd3
aria ad10
akai headrush
guyatone micro delay
belcat delay (cheap/nasty pt2399 action)
& echobase (didn't like it, but maybe that was just because of the cheap pt's i had).

i'm sure there has been more as well...

problem - what problem?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

madbean

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 18, 2011, 01:04:46 AM
What circuit do u have for tap tempo on echo base?

From a company that went out of business. "Think" something or other. Anyway, it consists of a PIC and digital pot and a small PCB.

tenwatt

Quote from: jubal81 on December 18, 2011, 12:19:11 AM
Hey Tenwatt,
I've been lusting after the El Capistan for a long time. I've never been able to play one myself, though. How would you say it measures up?
I have to preface any statement I make about delays with the fact that I've been sucked into the Timefactor.  I try new delays, thinking that there has to be something better, but I always end up back with a Timefactor.  It doesn't do any of the effects that it does "the best" but it does do them ALL and do them really well.  Due to it's diversity I always go back to the Timefactor.

With that being said...the El Capistan is the best tape dealy I've played through.  It's truely beautiful and sounds very natural.  I actually tried to justify having both the El Capistan and the Timefactor on my board at the same time but I just couldn't do it.
Not too bright....

jkokura

Quote from: tenwatt on December 20, 2011, 03:22:25 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on December 18, 2011, 12:19:11 AM
Hey Tenwatt,
I've been lusting after the El Capistan for a long time. I've never been able to play one myself, though. How would you say it measures up?
I have to preface any statement I make about delays with the fact that I've been sucked into the Timefactor.  I try new delays, thinking that there has to be something better, but I always end up back with a Timefactor.  It doesn't do any of the effects that it does "the best" but it does do them ALL and do them really well.  Due to it's diversity I always go back to the Timefactor.

With that being said...the El Capistan is the best tape dealy I've played through.  It's truely beautiful and sounds very natural.  I actually tried to justify having both the El Capistan and the Timefactor on my board at the same time but I just couldn't do it.

I just got the timeline from Strymon, and I'm in the same boat. I don't think I can justify using another delay on the same board. I tried using my DD7 as well, but frankly the Timeline does all of that too, and I rarely stack delays.

On the El Capistan issue - my goodness that thing is amazing! I bought the timeline over the timefactor simply because of how impressed I was with the El Capistan. Its relatively simple to use, and it sounds sooooo wonderful - I just can't communicate that enough, it sounds fantastic. Worth the 300? Maybe. I think it's an expensive tool for sure, and if you don't need it don't get it. Try it out though, and you'll be wanting one really bad.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals