Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Plex-O-Matic

Started by jimilee, February 16, 2022, 10:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This may or may not be a Wampler Plexi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Well, it's a Jimilee Plexi, that's for sure. Noice one!
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on February 16, 2022, 11:40:35 PM
Well, it's a Jimilee Plexi, that's for sure. Noice one!

Thank you. I started putting my name on them because, how many posts have you seen, "Who's pcb is this?" I figured I'd take the guess work out of it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Nice one Jimi, I like how you did the tweed artwork on the plexi! When are the phasers coming???!!!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 17, 2022, 01:38:57 AM
Nice one Jimi, I like how you did the tweed artwork on the plexi! When are the phasers coming???!!!
Looking for one I haven't built yet that's not impossible to layout.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on February 17, 2022, 02:04:31 AM

Yeah, I gotta double down here. If you're going to do this much design work you really need to do all the phasers.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on February 17, 2022, 02:40:47 AM
Quote from: jimilee on February 17, 2022, 02:04:31 AM

Yeah, I gotta double down here. If you're going to do this much design work you really need to do all the phasers.
I thought about doing a 45 and a 90 on one board, maybe, I don't know.  So much pressure.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on February 17, 2022, 02:43:18 AM
I thought about doing a 45 and a 90 on one board, maybe, I don't know.  So much pressure.

The main thing is practice, IMO. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do. I was at this for many years before I genuinely felt confident. But that's me. You're already doing better than I was at the same timeframe. Just keep at it!

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on February 17, 2022, 02:55:03 AM

The main thing is practice, IMO. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do. I was at this for many years before I genuinely felt confident. But that's me. You're already doing better than I was at the same timeframe. Just keep at it!
Thank you sir. I've done a hummingbird just for practice as well.  I've got a couple of things I've built up, but don't plan on boxing. They sound ok, nothing great. I've still got a few more to build and several to fab after I found errors and fixed them. I'm rather proud of the super rat. Sure it was simple, but I haven't seen anything like it, I've only heard of one other that was a limited run. I'm gonna try tracing some, but taking apart a pedal makes me a bit leary, I'm not sure why. I want to trace the Grunge pedal.

As if this weren't long enough, I've gotta fab the OS2 drive you drew out a while back, it's one of the ones I need to send off again, I found errors on my layout.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on February 17, 2022, 03:06:10 AM

Thank you sir. I've done a hummingbird just for practice as well.  I've got a couple of things I've built up, but don't plan on boxing. They sound ok, nothing great. I've still got a few more to build and several to fab after I found errors and fixed them. I'm rather proud of the super rat. Sure it was simple, but I haven't seen anything like it, I've only heard of one other that was a limited run. I'm gonna try tracing some, but taking apart a pedal makes me a bit leary, I'm not sure why. I want to trace the Grunge pedal.

As if this weren't long enough, I've gotta fab the OS2 drive you drew out a while back, it's one of the ones I need to send off again, I found errors on my layout.

Well, I don't even remember the OS-2. But that's not surprising b/c I have the memory of a goldfish. But, I wouldn't mind building your SuperRat. The Rat remains one of my all-time favorites in all its forms.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on February 17, 2022, 03:24:16 AM
Quote from: jimilee on February 17, 2022, 03:06:10 AM

Well, I don't even remember the OS-2. But that's not surprising b/c I have the memory of a goldfish. But, I wouldn't mind building your SuperRat. The Rat remains one of my all-time favorites in all its forms.
Hey, no problem. I think I have your address around here somewhere. I'll get one sent out. Anything else you'd like?