News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DigDug 2

Started by matmosphere, January 24, 2022, 02:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

For whatever reason it's taken me years to get to this one.... Okay... I just wasn't looking forward to trying to line up every thing and drill all the holes.

Very cool sounding, not gonna be an always on thing though. Haven't had a ton of time to play it yet but so far. Haven't gotten great results with single note runs so far, but cool stuff starts to happen with arpeggiated chords. I think it really shines with chords ringing out. I've gotten some very cool textures from it that way. It would be perfect for adding an airy, spacey feel to a song.

It would be cool if Brian updated this one at some point. Think it would be super sweet with the Tapflo instead of the molten voltage chip so that it could work with the different waveforms.

Another 3d printed faceplate on this one. Really pleased with how it looks this time, let my four year old pick the color scheme. He chose well.

I should probably be less lazy about the guts, but I've just been wanting to play now. They don't have to look pretty inside to make the loud.  ;D

I'll try to work up a short audio or video clip of it if I can find a sec sometime soon.

harryklippton

That 3d printed faceplate looks awesome. What's the circuit? I'm not familiar with this one

matmosphere

It's an older step-sequenced, tap tempo thing Brian used to sell. I think it was loosely based on a Zach Vex thing maybe.

There is fin to be had with it for sure.

jimilee

It looks sharp. I can't bring myself to build this one, it's just....no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

soldersqueeze

Great to see one of the older, weirder circuits get built up. Hardly saw any of these even when they were available to buy :)
Was always tempted but missed out on them.
Looks great, congratulations!

Bio77

That looks great!  I'm digging the last few faceplates you've done.  This one looks like an etch. 

Thewintersoldier

This is sick! Would love to here how it sounds.
Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 07, 2022, 04:09:29 PM

Yeah, I need to make that happen. I got stricken with the sickness and have had the whole fam home from school and work and all the crazy that goes along with that. We're all fine though, so hopefully once life gets back to normal I can get a little more playing time in.

harryklippton

Quote from: matmosphere on February 07, 2022, 09:00:22 PM

Yeah, I need to make that happen. I got stricken with the sickness and have had the whole fam home from school and work and all the crazy that goes along with that. We're all fine though, so hopefully once life gets back to normal I can get a little more playing time in.

Hope you have a quick recovery and your fam is doing ok. That sucks

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: matmosphere on February 07, 2022, 09:00:22 PM

Hope you all are better soon!
Who the hell is Bucky?