News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"splicing" in a Bontempo circuit into an existing dual-PT2399 delay

Started by jessenator, April 09, 2023, 09:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Probably one of those questions that would be easily answered were I an engineer / bothered to learn my basics...

So I'm intrigued the prospect of something like a Bontempo being married with an existing dual-PT2399 delay (or even a single one, tbh). Looking it over, on paper, it seems that really all that needs to happen is to connect (net labeled) VCO to pin 6 of both PT2399s, but I assume there might be more to it than that.

The Bontempo documentation ( https://electric-canary.com/bontempo.html ) really only notes that the "double-time" switch will instead act like a half-time toggle with a dual setup, but I didn't know if this was all there was when combining these into a single schematic.

For example, if you take a dual chip circuit like the ZeroPoint, where would you "splice" the Bontempo portion's connection to the PT2399s' VCO pin? I marked three different points: RED: omits everything behind it; BLUE: keeps the buffers(?) portions of the nets going to pin 6; and GREEN: omitting basically the original delay pot?

Sorry if that question was worded oddly.

dan.schumaker

Theoretically, yes, thats what you need to do, but each time I've tried doing that, it never worked.  I attribute it to me not setting it up correctly the first time it fired up and never going back to check it out.

jessenator

Quote from: dan.schumaker on April 09, 2023, 09:24:24 PM
Theoretically, yes, thats what you need to do, but each time I've tried doing that, it never worked.  I attribute it to me not setting it up correctly the first time it fired up and never going back to check it out.

In the schematic/connections department or in the ATTINY programming?

dan.schumaker

Quote from: jessenator on April 09, 2023, 09:54:32 PM
Quote from: dan.schumaker on April 09, 2023, 09:24:24 PM

In the schematic/connections department or in the ATTINY programming?

In the first time boot up where you setup the clock/tapping.  I tried programming them myself and also ordered some from Bontempo.  The boards are in my "someday I'll get to this" pile....

jessenator