News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Infinity Press and Royalty Overdrive

Started by cooder, December 24, 2021, 05:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Last boxing ups before the big guy comes through the chimney. Have a Merry Christmas everyone, stay happy and safe!

First up is a cool wee collab with Dan (jjjimi84). He nudged me to do a two in one pedal with his favourite boost and his favorite fuzz. How could I not oblige, sounds like a plan. The select switch goes from down position, lower row of knobbies, which is the excellent "Dan Boost" https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32634.msg313686#msg313686.
Switch up, upper row of controls is active, and it is a silicon Fuzz Face along the lines of Jimi Hendrix Axis Fuzz with some Analogman Sunface spice thrown in.
So it is either / or, not both in series or so. Meaning a very practical solution that in some songs you need a grunty versatile boost, in others a full on fuzz.
Design wise the 70ties wanted their colour schemes back... a fitting time warp. Dan and his son came up with the name "Infinity Press" during a wrestling match, he tells me, so it must be a pretty good move.
Tayda UV print, 125B cream enclosure.
There ya go. I guess I have to get Dan a board now so he can do a proper video of it...

Next one is the Royalty Overdrive, of nobel heritage so to speak. It is built after the Nordland ODR-C schematic as found on AionFX website, so it is the new iteration of Nobels ODR made by the same designer.
It's just an overdrive but boy does it have a few parts to squeeze in.
Maybe slightly over engineered, but hey, sounds great and very versatile too. I added relay bypass on board, it juuuuust fitted in.

BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Man, those look great!  Really digging what you're getting out of the UV print jobs.  Circuits look clean!  8)

jimilee

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Wow!  The detail on the UV print looks superb and just gorgeous builds all around.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Not only are these builds top shelf and look amazing but your photography work is just lethal! I cannot wait to get my hands on one of these and make a video of it.

cooder

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated! 8)
BigNoise Amplification