News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ibanez CS9 Clock Frequency

Started by Bio77, August 09, 2021, 05:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Aentons has already given you the answer, Delay time range "3.2 - 8.5mS", 1024 stages / 2 x clock frequency = 160-60kHz.
Works at Lectric-FX

Aentons

Here is a gutshot of the Ibanez BC9 I have. Looks like it has the 22M resistor that shows up in the CS9 and BCL schematics.

Bio77

Aentons

I compared the BCL and CS9 schematics and they appear almost exactly the same with the addition of the A lfo section. A & B are in parallel and the B section is what is in the CS9.

I was never quite sure how close the BC9/BCL was to the CS9 but this confirms that if I turn down the A section on the BC9, it is indeed just like a CS9. Awesome!

Let me know if you want any more pics or want me to verify any other values from the BC9 and I'll be glad to.

Bio77

Thank you!  I appreciate it. 

I think I'm almost done.  I included two 11M resisters in series in my layout. I'm building up the PCB this weekend and I just had a moment of doubt because 22M is pretty much infinity  ;D

This project has been super informative and fun.  Hopefully I'll have a sweet pedal too  :P

Zerro

Maybe you should simply set to the clock circuit some capacitor, around 47-68pF and test by ear what you need. Without some junk speculations :@)
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"