News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Layout/wiring drawing help

Started by garfo, May 05, 2021, 05:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

Hello guys.

I'm trying to find out what program do you guys use to make the PDF documents with the wiring diagrams?

I need to make a wiring diagram for a project I've made but I've never done the wiring diagram rather than drawing it by hand.
Is there any tutorial video on what program to use and how to use it? Is it possible to doing this using Gimp?

Any help would be appreciated.

davent

Quote from: garfo on May 05, 2021, 05:44:22 AM
Hello guys.

I'm trying to find out what program do you guys use to make the PDF documents with the wiring diagrams?

I need to make a wiring diagram for a project I've made but I've never done the wiring diagram rather than drawing it by hand.
Is there any tutorial video on what program to use and how to use it? Is it possible to doing this using Gimp?

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe diy layout creator, haven't used it for that but have seen others using it.

https://github.com/bancika/diy-layout-creator
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Zerro

For schematics pictures any circuit simulator, where you will set your schema and then save as picture. There are free simulators in Open Source comunity. No matter that sometimes weak effectivity. To drive schema and save it as a picture is easy there. For example BSch3V, QSapecNG, Circuit Diagram, TinyCAD... (for Unix and Linux generally Oregano, Qucs...)

For pdf I use Open Office or Libre Office - free offices, fully compatible with MS Office by a way. All those are for free (Open Source too) and you can insert there pictures in Writer (as Word in MS Office) and other texts you made and save as pdf.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

mjg

I used Fritzing a while ago for that sort of thing, it was a bit buggy in my opinion, but might be worth checking out.

Aviator18

Zerro

Caneda, Oregano, Qucs, and for aditional picture editing Gimp. And then Libre Office for pdf document.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"