News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrino

Started by jonrhee, December 15, 2011, 05:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonrhee

Built this Neutrino for a mate. It's my second go at it and I went with the burst version this time. Didn't care for the black too much. Fairly versatile overdrive. Not entirely convinced I want one, though I probably will build myself one at some point. Lovepedal has done a number on him with their marketing however so I'm sure he'll be stoked.

badgerific

I like the colour scheme of this, very nice :)

keysandguitars

As long as you don't put a #8 or #24 decal on that, I'll commend you on the build. Nicely done.

Are those WIMAs? Where do you buy yours?
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

jonrhee

Ha, I asked my mate if he liked the Lakers when he asked for the colour scheme and he said no, he preferred the Celtics but it was too late to go with green and white. They are, I got them off mouser. I've started doing all my passives on there. A bit more mojo.

nzCdog

Tidy build... he'll be chuffed :)

Davefx

Very nice build sir!  Ahh the colors are my junior high school colors! lol
In the past, i'd posted that I thought that it had too much glass, but that was due to the fact I'd mounted it in my pedal board after an AC booster, flipped it around and damn, lol!  I love this pedal!
I used Wimas as well, and I see it looks as tho that is a 1458 you have in there, same here.  I liked it better than the LF353.

Here's a pic of mine.  Put it in a "Candy Red Vein" box from PPP. With lack of better means of labeling, I used a white Sharpie paint marker.  I know crappy, it may not stick, but I kinda like it anyway.

Dave

TNblueshawk

John

jonrhee

Yeah I ended up putting the diodes on a switch as well. Sounded pretty good, I just built myself a serendipity and preferred that but they sounded very similar. May try putting a slipping switch in that as well. I dig the red vein. I need to come up with a good way to label mine, have used waterslides in the past bUt they keep falling off. May try a clear coat over them. I get impatient.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: jonrhee on December 25, 2011, 01:40:12 PM
Yeah I ended up putting the diodes on a switch as well. Sounded pretty good, I just built myself a serendipity and preferred that but they sounded very similar. May try putting a slipping switch in that as well. I dig the red vein. I need to come up with a good way to label mine, have used waterslides in the past bUt they keep falling off. May try a clear coat over them. I get impatient.

Shoot clear coat that sucker over that decal. I usually get several enclosures ahead so impatience doesn't set in. I'm four ahead right now but I got side tracked with a speaker cab build and now I'm itching to get back and knock out four pedals.
John

Davefx

I did shoot some Krylon over the marker, it'll be fine for awhile anyway..  Now I know I should post this in a Quasar thread, and what im gonna post is tacky but I love the aesthetic  of the RC Booster, I painted this with PPG paint and was my first artwork using Inkscape with a waterslide decal..  Now obviously, it is my personal pedal, and it will not be sold to anyone!  I used laser waterslide and sprayed a satin clear over it (all PPG).  I have both laser and inkjet decal stock and the laser turned out better, but all in all I wish I could screen the artwork on powder coat, that is how its done, but i know that is a different can of worms entirely! The left is the actual Xotic effect.. I love it anyway :P  Btw.. DC= Dam Clean, lol!

Dave

Davefx

I meant the RIGHT is the actual!! LOL

jonrhee

That's awesome. It looks great! I tried inkscape but I don't like how it runs on my mac. I think I just need to buckle down and get photoshop and a laser printer. My girlfriend has Adobe Illustrator and it's great but she's not too keen on me working on pedals when we hang out. I've noticed when I use colours on my inkjet decals the colours tend to run after i apply the bonder. I wouldn't think laser would do the same?

Davefx

No, the laser is more robust for sure. The inkjet didn't seem to print that dark even when I had it on the dark print mode..  I need to get better at applying the darned things, you can see a couple nice bubbles on it.. lol
Oh well..

TNblueshawk

Quote from: jonrhee on December 26, 2011, 03:57:55 PM
That's awesome. It looks great! I tried inkscape but I don't like how it runs on my mac. I think I just need to buckle down and get photoshop and a laser printer. My girlfriend has Adobe Illustrator and it's great but she's not too keen on me working on pedals when we hang out. I've noticed when I use colours on my inkjet decals the colours tend to run after i apply the bonder. I wouldn't think laser would do the same?

Just a guess, but I let mine dry overnight after I print them. I've heard others say you need to wait 4 hours before applying bonder, but it seems I usually print at night so I just let them sit overnight. From there I have never had my inkjet decals run and I've loaded them down with lacquer...too much a few times actually  ::)
John