News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stone Grey Dist and a couple of choruses

Started by G.G., June 29, 2021, 01:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Hi Folks,
We've been on kind of a Brian May excursion around the house so I tried out a Glam on vero (large knobs), which I liked a lot except for the slight slapback delay from the 2399. And that led to the Porkbarrel (small knobs) which was a pretty tight fit and nearly a disaster when I drilled for a full sized 9v jack (fixed with a couple washers).

I'm not sure what happened with the clearcoat on the Stone Grey Distortion, it's gloss on every other pedal except for this one. I used some Micro Sol on the decal hoping to get fewer air bubbles around the drill holes so maybe that did something to the clearcoat, or I just didn't shake the can enough. I was getting oscillation in the upper range of the distortion so I added a small buffer which took care of it. I'm not really a high-gain guy but this one it pretty nice.  And, pink LEDs are trending!

matmosphere

Nice! I dig that little fire guy. I actually like the matte finish on the stone grey.

G.G.

thanks Matthew! The Calcifer design is from someone's tattoo work that came up on Pinterest. I re-created it as near as I could with vector shapes in Photoshop. I was actually planning on using some steel wool to matte the finish on the Stone Grey anyway so I guess it saved me the trouble. Still not sure why it did that tho.
Quote from: matmosphere on June 29, 2021, 02:14:21 PM
Nice! I dig that little fire guy. I actually like the matte finish on the stone grey.

matmosphere

Couldn't remember his name. I really enjoy Howl's moving Castle, it's a good movie. Last time I watched it I realized there was a lot of Wizard of Oz parallels there.

jimilee

Man, those look fantastic. I love me some vero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

You're a madman with the vero.  I like the white matte finish, it makes the decal pop.  And very much diggin the pink LEDs.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

culturejam

Always love a good vero build. Nice work!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects