News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FZ-1-the first build of the first pedal

Started by Thewintersoldier, June 14, 2021, 12:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This was a project I fought for lol and Bugg was kind enough to let me verify the board. I tied it up with a bow this afternoon and am really happy with how it turned out. I was asked how it sounds, It sounds like satisfaction and the James bond theme  imagine a tonebender mk1 and a fuzzrite had a shameful love child. Less girth and sustain than a tonebender but it's raw and untamed. It's cool for spaghetti western and garage rock. Its a retro style fuzz so don't expect it to djent. The transistors are a set I got from smallbear pre pandemic. They are currently out of stock on sets but they have a fantastic write up on their site about this circuit and transistor selection, for those who have a good stock and some leaky treasures. This board doesn't have the 470k resistor for Q2 but I tacked it on the back. The earliest units didn't have it but shortly after it's release it had it. I liked it in the circuit and suggested it be included. If you dont want it just jumper it.
This was a sanded down enclosure I spilled acetone on the powder coat. For the first pedal I went with the first marvel character, the human torch. I really like how this came out and sounds and I think you old school fuzz heads will dig it too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Super clean and love that sanded enclosure look! Nice work, I gotta put this on the list.

gordo

Great attention to detail and I really like how the graphics melt right into the sanded enclosure.  Very classy looking.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, it was a fun project. When I was checking the board the added resistor was an easy fix, tack it on where it needed to be. The attack pot was one that he said he does sometimes on prototypes, the legs for 1 and 3 were switched so the pot was going to work in reverse. My fix was simple and would maintain structural integrity. The one leg was connected to nothing so cutting it would not be an issue and the other needed to be connected to ground.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

That looks awesome 8) The composition of the graphic is killer and the first character nod is a great touch.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on June 14, 2021, 11:41:53 PM
That looks awesome 8) The composition of the graphic is killer and the first character nod is a great touch.
Thanks John, I've been trying to be cleaner in my execution and being more creative. I've done a lot of no film in a short time and I feel like I am as close to perfecting the process as I am going to get.
Who the hell is Bucky?