News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Distortion + on Vero

Started by jimilee, April 27, 2021, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I swapped out the 1M distortion pot for a 50k. There was just too much dead space up until the end. I used 1n34a diodes which typically have to be pushed hard to get any break up and still have volume. I found some mods, I probably won't do them though. The knobs cam from small bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Hats off sir! Looks really great, did you check out the wampler mods? I used some of his in a 250 builds and they really brought the pedal alive, at least gave it some added level

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 27, 2021, 06:21:32 PM
Hats off sir! Looks really great, did you check out the wampler mods? I used some of his in a 250 builds and they really brought the pedal alive, at least gave it some added level
I didn't. I checked them out though. If I ever build another one, I will. Any mods just about make it a dod 250.  I had a song kicking around in my head and this particular song  fit the bill.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

You really need a C/Reverse taper for those.  The 1m works great then.

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on April 28, 2021, 08:59:31 AM
You really need a C/Reverse taper for those.  The 1m works great then.
There was too much dead space on the 1M. I tried everything from a 1M and worked backwards landing at 50k. I could've done some other mods to fix that, but I didn't.