News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deadendfx doppelganger

Started by Thewintersoldier, April 26, 2021, 02:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I have two questions as I'm about to order parts. First, will it fit it a 1590DD? Is the added height really needed, or will it fit with the jacks as close to the lid as possible? I don't mind filing the lip on the base plate to clear the jacks. Second, is there a way to wire it without the lfo expression jacks or are they necessary to have it work? I don't plan on using expression pedals so it would be cool to not have to add them. Anyone who has built it I would really appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Chris
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

I can open mine up later, I've not built his but I did build the lace sensor board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

I know mine has plenty of room in it with the 1590D you could probably get away with it in the 1590dd. As for the jacks I am pretty sure they are insert style jacks and can just be jumpered.

Bio77

If you position the in and out jacks toward the center top, they will be over unpopulated PCB.  So, shouldn't be any trouble with getting them in, regardless of the enclosure height. That's what I did.

I also omitted the expression jack, but I can't give you confirmation because this one is still in my debug pile.  :P

Govmnt_Lacky

Can you link to the project? I didn't even know DEFX did a Doppelganger board. I know they did the Meatball, Ring Stinger, and Flanger....

Nevermind... found it  :-\

Looking at the build docs, it appears that you just need to jumper the pads for the external LFO jacks to bypass them.

Thewintersoldier

Thanks everyone, now to order parts, thinking of doing a uv print from tayda on this as well.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 26, 2021, 06:19:39 PM
Thanks everyone, now to order parts, thinking of doing a uv print from tayda on this as well.

Definitely recommend the 2K pot change in the doc.

Also, make sure you use the 2M dark LDRs. Roll your own with diffused green LEDs  ;D