Main Menu

Egodriver and Grapevine Builds

Started by pryde, December 13, 2011, 05:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

My first 2 MB builds.

Egodriver with LED mod, bad paint pen graphic that I will redo at some point

Grapevine "DLS Clone" with custom waterslide decal

For me the Egodriver wins but the grapevine sounds pretty awesome as well. More to come  ;D

sgmezei

Cool graphic on the Grapevine! I love the sound of that pedal for Marshall tones.

keysandguitars

Nice looking decal on the Grapevine. I love the EgoDriver, it's a go to OD for me.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pryde

Thank you Haberdasher.

Your grapevine pcb was excellent! I am looking forward to my Zombii from ya.

chromesphere

The ego driver is on my to-do-list.  Ill 2nd...ahh..3rd the graphics on the grapevine. Nice wiring too man.
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

mysticwhiskey

Great stuff - the Grapevine looks awesome!  How is it labelled, is that a decal?

pryde

Yes it is an inkjet waterslide decal. I made the graphic in Inkscape. it was my first attempt at decaling so I learned alot.

raulduke

Can't beat a Grapvine/DLS.

How are you liking it?

I have a Catalinbread DLS and love it so much I am going to build a clone as well!

pryde

i got to spend some more time on the grapevine today and it really is a great overdrive, especially with humbuckers. It is pretty bright and bites hard so it made my strat a little shrill on its own

Actually, I played around with stacking the Egodriver and Grapevine together and got some really cool tones with my Lespaul, Strat, and Tele. These two pedals actually complement each other IMO.

Ego: smooth/thick + Grapevine: gritty/bites = Sweetness   ;D

nzCdog

nice builds man... two tasty overdrives right there