News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!

Started by raulduke, December 09, 2011, 09:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

I am pretty stoked about this to say the least.

I have been wanting to buy a a tele that will last a lifetime for ages. I love Keef's Micawber and wanted a similar vibe. USA 52 reissues would need modding, baja tele's look like they have been dipped in syrup, custom shops are very expensive etc. etc.

Then I found just the guitar I was looking for, made by Eternal Guitars (UK based too FTW).

I have just put a deposit down on one of these beauties (a lot less reliced mind)....

I have been emailing the guy back and forth and she is going to be called 'Betty', with a soft V to C neck, PAF Humbucker in the neck (standard polepiece orientation), 3 Saddle brass bridge, overwound bridge pickup etc. etc.

I have asked for the guitar to be 'tastefully' aged to look appropriately 50 years old, but I don't want it to look like it has been dragged behind a Ford Transit!

I am so excited on getting progress updates on this thing  :)

LaceSensor

whats the £damage? Looks lovely. Get some pics up when its done

Here's my take on a Keef vibe (not that I am a stones fan by any stretch)

Its a 72 Custom reissue (obviously) but its a Japanese (IMHO some of the nicest).
not a colour you often see (trans blonde) and I cant see a join anywhere in the (presumably) 1 piece ash body. Obviously not as nice as what you are getting but if you like the neck HB stuff I was always fond of Tele Customs.

raulduke

£1,500.00 Damage mate  :o.

Quite a lot but it is going to someone who lives and works in the UK so I am quite happy with the price.

A 52 American re-issue goes for around £1,500.00, custom shop £2000.00 plus so I'm quite happy. I have no intention of ever selling it when it is done so re-sale value is not important to me.

The guy who is making it is going to send some necks (on their own) to try out before sticking to one. Plus he says he can change pickups if need be when the guitar is done. Everything is basically custom (even down to the fret wire). The level of service so far has been fantastic. I'll keep you updated as I get pictures if you want?

I have always heard good things about Japanese Fender's. Never tried one though.

LaceSensor

sounds completely reasonable for something build to your specifications.
You should keep a blog going on here :)

plesur

That's a very nice looking guitar. I got bitten by the Micawber bug a while back too, here's mine:

It's a USA G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy in butterscotch blonde with a Seth Lover humbucker in the neck.

Hope your one is as much fun as mine!

raulduke

Thats a fine guitar there.

A beauty!

I'm going for the traditional three brass saddles rather than six (the luthier says we can change it if necessary).

G+L's are hard to come by in the UK (especially the US models).

I'm not a particularly massive 'Keef' fan; I just love the look and sound of standard tele's with Humbuckers in the neck!

plesur

I'm in the UK too, I ordered the guitar from the USA through eBay. This was back in the good old days when you could get over two $ to the £  :)  I remember well that waiting for it to arrive was a tense few weeks! Buying guitars sight unseen isn't something I usually do. When I checked the prices for one of these in the UK, the only place I could find was asking for £1850, which at the time was over a £1000 markup on the eBay price.

I'm a bit fussy when it comes to intonation (that's not very Rock 'n' Roll is it?) so I like 6 saddles. When you have only three I've found you get quite a mismatch between the D and G but the other two pairs are reasonably OK. But it does depend on the strings you use.

I'm no huge Stones fan either, but you got to admit that the guy has pretty good taste in guitars!  ;)

TNblueshawk

Sweet, congrats man.

Ah, it's that time of year when we all need to treat ourselves  ;D
John

nzCdog

Sweet Teles... still still aint got one
I just had arrival of a new guitar too, a custom that was 5 years in the making... lol
NGD is a great day 8)

timbo_93631

Those are some seriously nice Teles guys.  I can't afford that kinda dough, but for Christmas I think I am going to get a Squire Classic Vibe 50's with the pine body for myself.  If it doesn't play as good as the online reviews seem to all claim I'll probably look for a used 90's MIM Tele as I have always liked my '99 MIM Strat, very resonant for a low end guitar and the neck is GREAT.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

LaceSensor

the classic vibes are meant to be great.

my bass player just bought a squier 77(?) reissue jazz bass, cant fault it and for £275...ridiculous value

keysandguitars

Sweet guitars guys and congrats! I'm impressed with the relic job, looks really good.

I just got done playing my G&L Asat Special, which I bought a few months ago, through my newly built but unboxed Lavache into my Allen Encore. I couldn't help but tune open G for a bit and bang out what little Stones I know. It's a sweet sounding combo those three.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

slimtriggers

Sweet!  I've been gassin' for a Tele for a while.  Maybe in 2012...