News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krankasaurus

Started by keysandguitars, November 29, 2011, 03:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keysandguitars

This is a great build. I like the distortion, but freaking love the boost! My G&L ASAT special into my Allen Encore (Virbolux typology) sounds amazing. I about pooped playing it through a ross clone>boost>EgoDriver, it sounded sweet. That boost will get put through the paces for sure. Finish is Dormant Copper.

I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

Supreme colour!  Switchable input cap?  Looks nice... I've never used a pedal with the Zvex layout... is it tricky to stomp without hitting knobs?

snz728

great build thanks for the input on the krank boost

chromesphere

is that a 1590b or 125?  Congrats either way.  Love the texture going on in that paintjob!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

keysandguitars

Quote from: nzCdog on November 29, 2011, 03:58:53 AM
Supreme colour!  Switchable input cap?  Looks nice... I've never used a pedal with the Zvex layout... is it tricky to stomp without hitting knobs?
I wouldn't know  ::) I haven't stomped on it yet. That said, I have a BYOC OD2 in a 125B where the box is vertical and the switches are next to each other. I don't have a problem hitting the wrong, or both switches.

The input cap is switchable. Thanks to Chromesphere for the help. It's a handy mod on/off/on with a 22n, 55n, and a 104n setting.

Quote from: snz728 on November 29, 2011, 03:59:45 AM
great build thanks for the input on the krank boost
I'm not sure what the boost circuit is, but I believe it's the SHO. Can anyone verify that?

Thanks Paul, it's a 125B. I bought ten from small bear not too long ago and I'm down to 2?! You've turned me into a monster, man!

chromesphere

lol well thats pay back for getting ME into POWDER COATING, now we're even :D

The boost is a SHO, check the schems you will see the parts are the same.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Guybrush

Quote from: chromesphere on November 29, 2011, 04:58:19 AM
lol well thats pay back for getting ME into POWDER COATING, now we're even :D

Don't supose you know of any decent tutorials do you?

keysandguitars

Quote from: Guybrush on November 29, 2011, 12:08:23 PM
Don't supose you know of any decent tutorials do you?

You're in luck. The best tutorial is right here on Madbean courtesy of Fastocker with some great follow-up posts by others. Read it all.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1785.0

I watched both of these videos after reading and rereading the tutorial and was off and running. Hope this helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORDnv_iTCjA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T01zIKxP0Ms&feature=related

Guybrush

It certainly does! Thank you very much!

The videos are great.  I'd love to give this ago but it seems pretty dificult to get a powder coating gun in the UK for under £150 ($230).  Wish we had Freight Harbour over here! :-\

I forgot to say that your Krankosaurus looks ace.  The Krank is gong to be my first build and I'll be happy if it turns out half as good as yours did!  Great work! :)

TNblueshawk

John

bigmufffuzzwizz

Another great PC job! Geezz
I too love my slambox (SHO), it goes into some pretty crazy fuzz territories!! Works well with bass as well.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals