News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Princeton Bluesbreaker Overdrive... you know who I mean

Started by cooder, December 29, 2021, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

So this is a Prince with a ton of Tone, you know who I mean, you know the aristocratic lineage, the waiting list and all, right.

Built after the original schematic added 9 to 18V charge pump circuit and onboard relay bypass.
I had even some MA856 diodes floating around which I got years back from Pedalhacker I believe when they were only close to unobtanium.
Does it make a lot of difference? I dunno.
I measured them on my CCCT (cheap Chinese component tester) and they cam up with about 0.8V forward voltage, not that different from your garden variety 1N4148 which clocked in on same testing device with 0.7 V.
Anyway, a nice classic back in my hands after I gave an earlier one I built to a friend who decided to give me money back instead. Fair nuff, build another one.

Have a fab New Years everyone! Keep it loud!

Here we go, the Princeton Overdrive:

BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Oh finally, on your own board and immaculate. It's about time...... That does look fantastic inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Quote from: jimilee on December 30, 2021, 12:15:25 AM
Oh finally, on your own board and immaculate. It's about time...... That does look fantastic inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha... yes, good things take time, thanks Jimi!
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

Still a bit freaked out to see your pedals without acrylic covers, it's like they're naked.  But damn, the new look is working for me. 

cooder

Quote from: mjg on December 30, 2021, 04:05:36 AM
Still a bit freaked out to see your pedals without acrylic covers, it's like they're naked.  But damn, the new look is working for me. 
Ha, yes the acrylic faceplate look is great too and I still do them every now and then.

The 'new look' was a bit coincidental as my laser printer spat well and truly the dummy and now I have to go elsewhere to print stuff out which is a PITA or expensive or both.
And at the same time I saw other people doing Tayda UV prints, saw Tayda starting, that, tutorials on sites etc, so I gave that a shot and I dig the look and the Tayda quality is great. Only downside really is the wait for the enclosures to turn up.
I'm quite happy with it.
BigNoise Amplification