News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ehx pulsar

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 19, 2020, 01:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Any love for the pulsar? I've never played one and love me some trem, and i found a board and ordered one. Looking at the schematic its not like a lot of the other trems out there. All the schematics available are for the older 2 knob 70's version, would be cool to see a new version available like the newer 3 knob stereo version. what are your thoughts on the pedal?
Who the hell is Bucky?

rockola

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 19, 2020, 01:10:03 AM
be cool to see a new version available like the newer 3 knob stereo version. what are your thoughts on the pedal?

I have the 3 knob stereo version. Was lucky to find one that was sold "as is, doesn't work" for dirt cheap - worked perfectly once I tossed the dead battery. Maybe it doesn't get much love since it's in one of those big boxes that EHX loves, everybody seems to be all about pedalboard real estate these days. Does the trick but as I recall - haven't played with it in a while - it's not amazing and there are many perfectly usable tremolos out there with way fewer parts. I guess if you just gotta have that stereo out then there aren't that many DIY options.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

TFZ

I've never played the Pulsar. If you don't mind a really big box there is also the Love Wobulator for stereo. It has a couple more tricks than just plain stereo tremolo. I have a pcb for that if you want. It has four operating modes, and two separate LFOs, which are either square or sawtooth. From the website:

• TREM - both Left and Right move up and down at the same time, but with a "cross-over" effect where Left is low pass filtered and Right is high pass filtered.
  • PAN - Left and Right move in anti-phase without a cross-over, akin to a normal "figure-of-eight" auto-panner.
  • VIB - same as TREM but in anti-phase, creating subtle phase cancellation (and therefore pitch and volume change) effects.
  • DUAL TREM - this again uses the cross-over but brings into play the second LFO. Left is now driven by LFO 1 and right by LFO 2.