News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tremulus Lune - Tonepad version

Started by keysandguitars, November 29, 2011, 03:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keysandguitars

Yikes, this thing was a PITA for me! I started this a while back on a prefab board from Tonepad. For the life of me, I couldn't get it going. I found the board to be really fragile, the solder pads. I prefer MB's all the way. After failing to debug I said screw it and etched my own board, cannibalized the other and got it running right away. Who knows. I prefer to roll my own, but will gladly buy Brian's boards when I can't or don't feel like etching.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with this build. I powder coated and decaled the enclosure a while back, didn't like how the decal yellowed and I powdered the clear too thick. I used the aircraft stripper (thanks fastocker) and took it down to metal with little effort at all. I refinished it with white powder, a clear laser decal and clear. Again, powder from Columbia. I'm super happy with the sound and finish.

I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

sgmezei

Man that is an incredibly nice finish. The detail in the moon is epic!

plesur

That's a pretty pedal. I like the decal and the way the bezels match up to the black area. Nice design.

LaceSensor

pretty beautiful build that

tremulus lune is a lovely sounding tremolo.

dwstanford

Beautiful pedal.  I love the decal.  It reminds me of Joe Meek for some reason. 

jkokura

I like how clear and beautiful that decal is. The moon really stands out, and it's nicely proportioned on the pedal. Very cool stuff.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Quip

I just finished up the stereo panneur  (two lunes with panning features) which I got from 4ms and I found the board as good of quality as MB's. The twelve board mounted full size pots sure made it a much easier build.  Only needed to adjust the led's and cds' to get both sides dialed in.  I sourced my own components but got the pcb and drilled enclosure from 4ms. Took my time and matched component values as close as possible for each channel. I love this thing. So versatile and sounds so good.  I have a thing for stereo effects anyway.

nzCdog

Quote from: Quip on November 30, 2011, 03:09:09 AM
I just finished up the stereo panneur  (two lunes with panning features) which I got from 4ms and I found the board as good of quality as MB's. The twelve board mounted full size pots sure made it a much easier build.  Only needed to adjust the led's and cds' to get both sides dialed in.  I sourced my own components but got the pcb and drilled enclosure from 4ms. Took my time and matched component values as close as possible for each channel. I love this thing. So versatile and sounds so good.  I have a thing for stereo effects anyway.
Sounds cool man 8)
Need a build report with pics, methinks!