News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero point mini - no delay sound

Started by sumac, February 01, 2015, 12:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumac

Hi all

so I've been having a madbean weekend.. :) after succesfull afterlife build (sounds great even with BAT41 diode!) I also finished zeropoint mini.. Problem is - there is no delay sound at all. When I engage the pedal - nothing happens - only dry signal gets through (wiring is OK - when I disconnect PSU there is no sound). Led inside blinks according to the rate control. Checked all caps and resistors, checked for solder bridges and all seems to be OK.. Voltages are:

IC1:
1: 4 VDC
2: 4 VDC
3: 4 VDC
4: 0
5: 4 VDC
6: 4 VDC
7: 4 VDC
8: 8 VDC

IC2:
1: 5.1
2: 2.5
3: 0
4: 0.1
5: 2.9
6: 2.5
7: 0.6
8: 0.6
9: 2.5
10: 2.5
11: 2.5
12: 2.5
13: 2.5
14: 2.5
15: 2.5
16: 2.5

IC3:
1: oscilating
2: 4
3: oscilating
4: 0
5: 4
6: 4
7: oscilating
8: 8

regulator:

only sound it makes is a loud pop when ring switch is flipped.. nothing else.
I appreciate any help!

thanks
martin

madbean

Voltages look good. Try jumpering pins 3 and 4 of the PT2399 together on the bottom of the PCB. This will connect the digital and analog grounds (seems to be a problem with some builds). I believe that will solve it for you.

sumac

Indeed that solved the problem!!! Thanks!

martin

felipesareas

Hi Guys, It's been a long time since I put my pedal builds on hold. Recently I resumed and finished successfully many madbean pedals. However,  I'm not being able to make my Zero Point Mini work. It has similar symptoms and ICs and voltage regulator are reading the same value as listed by here by Madbean. Actually, the time pot makes that usual glitchy sound it does make normally when rotated while sound is coming through and I get very few muddy repeats when all setings are at max

I soldered pins 3 and 4 of PT2399 together as suggested here and nothing changed either. I checked all eletrolytic and the one tantalum capacitor orientation and all is right. Also swapped the PT2399 with the one in my sparklehorn which was working perfectly and no results

I also checked that all potentiometers were placed correctly with the correct corresponding values and also checked that my PCB is has not the issue that some were reported to have concerning the pin 7 and 8 unintentional connection due to PCB manufacturing problem

Any idea about what might be going on? I don't know what else to try. Thanks, Felipe

felipesareas

(moderator please delete this post)