News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Simple Pork Barrel in 1590B

Started by petesz, November 09, 2011, 10:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

Built this up tonight after a long study sesh. Its the old style board without the pcb mounted pot design. Decided to challenge myself a bit and see if i could fit it in a 1590B.. Just made it. If it was literally one mm deeper i wouldnt have been able to get the back plate on. And i had to compromise and put the DC jack down the bottom.. meh!

Anyway it worked sweet first go. I had to turn the trimmer all the way up, any lower and the sound was distorted and crackily.. Also maybe not as much depth as i would like but looking around the forum it seems that is a common complaint with this build. I like it though. I owned an old Japanese CE-2 a while back, and thought it was pretty overrated.. so i sold it. I think this build sounds pretty similar (except for the switching options of course). I like the vibe option and the clean blend on this. Also couldnt be bothered painting it and just used leftover knobs.

Heres some pics:

And a soundclip:
http://www.users.on.net/~w2620/Madbean%20Soundclips/Pork%20Barrel.mp3

nzCdog

Crikey... tight fit in there!
Never seen a porkbarrel in a 1590B before, great job!

joe*211

I also like the vibe on this.

Would like to increase the speed on mine. I find the depth OK. There is a thread in the mod section about ideas for the speed. Will look into that shortly. Congrats in fitting this in a B enclosure... I used BB.

TNblueshawk

Boy, there wasn't much room for error there for sure. Nicely done.
John