News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New boards ( Slow Loris, PepperSpray ) 9V pad

Started by Comfort Player, October 03, 2011, 11:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comfort Player

I noticed on the new boards like the Slow Loris and PepperSpray the 9v connector now has a pos and a neg pad ?  Is the neg just an extra ground ?
Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

mgwhit

Hadn't noticed that yet....  The round pad in the +9v box at the top of my Slow Loris has continuity to the ground pad at the bottom of the board (and no continuity to the square pad next to it).  So, yeah, I guess it's just an extra ground point.

madbean

Positive and negative are paired in the little box around them for convenience.

TNblueshawk

CP, I like your avator over at BYOC better. This one scares me  :P
John

Comfort Player

Quote from: TNblueshawk on October 05, 2011, 02:25:35 PM
CP, I like your avator over at BYOC better. This one scares me  :P

One of Jeff Dunham's characters, Achemd the Dead Terrorist.  Funny stuff...

Bret608

Say, I have a quick question on this as I recently got a Pepper Spray board. If I send the ground lug of the DC Jack to the small, square ground pad next to the +9v pad, will I still need to send another wire from that same lug to the sleeve of the input jack?

This all results from my possibly needing to rewrite my wiring diagram a bit as I might use one of the small PCBs for the footswitch--still not totally sure on that one.

Thanks! You guys have been great about entertaining my loads of noob questions.

madbean

The square pad is the 9v. Square pads are always positive. It's the round pad that's ground.

You will need to ground the input (or output) jack sleeve, but you can take that ground from anywhere. It doesn't necessarily have to be the DC jack. Typically I run the ground pad between the fx input and output pads to the switch, and then ground from the switch to the jack sleeve.

Bret608

Thanks Brian! That is really helpful. I compared this wiring scheme to the one I came up with and it looks like I'm on the mark.

madbean

Comfort Player