News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quadrovibe - Double Flush: waht's this difference?

Started by jprizz, September 28, 2011, 05:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprizz

I've got a Q-vibe board waiting to be populated and I'm trying to set my prorities. I've been hoping to hear/see some Q-Vibe demoes but I haven't found any yet. I presumed from what I've read in the doc's that the Q-Vibe falls somewhere between the Double Flush and say the Warhead vibe. Is that about right? I was looking for something that leaned more toward the vibe side - is that in the realm of the Q-Vibe?

madbean

The Double Flush is a tremolo only, and the Quadrovibe gives you vibrato and tremolo. The tremolos sound a bit different, as well. The DF gives you more control with Balance knob. The trem side of the Quadrovibe is a little richer in my opinion. A little bit more "round".

The vibrato part of the QVibe is somewhat similar to the vibrato setting of a Univibe (but not at all like a univibe's chorus setting) but it is a bit more subtle sounding. It's a small pitch shift driven by the LFO section (which is copied from an actual univibe).

So, in that sense it's pretty accurate to say it's between the DF and a univibe. It doesn't sound exactly like those, but it has some of the features of both.

For a lush, chorusy univibe you need to build a univbe or a phaser modded to one!

jprizz

Thanks B.

Now what are my chances of convincing someone to put up a demo of the Q-vibe? Doesn't need to be fancy, just need a little taste of what it's like. Pretty Please... With sugar on top.... Any takers?