News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Freakin' HOT / JHS Andy Timmons Crunchbox recycling going on

Started by cooder, August 11, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Freakin' HOT, flames bursting into high gain, pyrotechnics, spandex, screaming groupies, the lot.
All in a 125B, and there's not that many parts to it either. That's why one of the knobs on the original JHS AT pedal must be called "Air".
Yes it screams sounds good and has a ton of gain in store should one so desire, especially when clipping switch is up.

Anyway, a bit of MI Audio Crunchbox repackaged and remarketed going on here. If only recycling would always work that well in the real world.
Maybe JHS should consider going into recycling.  Officially I mean. It has future.

BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

I've built a number of Crunchboxes now, but I'm looking forward to trying out the @T I have on the desk waiting to be tested.  Looks great.

gordo

Damn those acrylic plates look regal.  My only signature is fingerprints in the clearcoat :-)

REALLY nice job on this whole series you've been cranking out.  Where do you get the cool hex head screws?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Quote from: gordo on August 11, 2018, 11:43:51 PM
Damn those acrylic plates look regal.  My only signature is fingerprints in the clearcoat :-)

REALLY nice job on this whole series you've been cranking out.  Where do you get the cool hex head screws?
Cheers! Yes I do like the acrylic face plate stuff. It's really not more work than rattlecan or envirotex (which I haven't tried yet as it's not easily available here and I don't like the idea of the mess) or so. And since I got this pile of offcuts in various sizes and thicknesses at an auction for 5 bucks it'll last me for a loooooong time.
The hex screws are even stainless ones, nice. I use them a lot on amp builds too for tube sockets etc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/M2-M2-5-M3-M4-M5-M6-304-Stainless-Steel-Allen-Hex-Socket-Button-Head-Screw-Bolt/113032855127?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=413393876119&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
BigNoise Amplification

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

Bio77

I enjoy looking at your builds, and luckily you make a new one every other day!  Impressive.

Was wondering, what holds the relay board in place?  Seems like its always in the same place. Is it the LED?

cooder

Quote from: Bio77 on August 14, 2018, 12:17:27 AM
I enjoy looking at your builds, and luckily you make a new one every other day!  Impressive.

Was wondering, what holds the relay board in place?  Seems like its always in the same place. Is it the LED?
Cheers, glad you enjoy them! Yes good guessing there the relay boards are held by the LED which is glued to enclosure as well as usually a little dap of epoxy on the side of relay pcb securing ot to enclosure. Holds in my experience well enough and is at the same time not too bastardly hard to get out if need. I justy break the epoxy of the side of enclosure and desolder LED wires. Not that I had to do it often.
Next build coming soon...  ;)
BigNoise Amplification