News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoke and Mirrors / FV-1 Double tracker

Started by cooder, July 23, 2018, 10:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Smoke and Mirrors, pedalpcb.com FV-1 take of double tracker, somewhat comparable to Keeley 30ms I spose.
Came together well and great sounds in there. You can also dial in some pretty whacky stuff when the detune is set far apart and out of sync kinda thing.
For me the more traditional settings do it more, and it does with some more careful and conservative settings nice faux chorus and flangey kind of fattening of sound. That works best for me with the detune just slightly apart and not too high, otherwise it sounds a bit over the top for my taste.
Modulation setting is also nice, while slapback isn't quite my thing personally but the pedal does it well too if you're into it.

BigNoise Amplification

studiodunn

That is just SO clean looking, awesome execution.

Govmnt_Lacky

Great build!!

I must ask. Where do you get your In/Out jacks from? I have the hardest time finding that particular style (without the metal ferral) Thanks.

cooder

Cheers guys!
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 23, 2018, 07:15:59 PM
Great build!!

I must ask. Where do you get your In/Out jacks from? I have the hardest time finding that particular style (without the metal ferral) Thanks.
I got a bunch of those from Smallbear, I love using them and I never had an issue with them. They are just a bit bulky, that's the only downside I can see. I also use them on amp builds as they are insulated against the chassis compared to metal body ones to prevent ground loops.
http://www.smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/1-4-in-stereo-nys212/
BigNoise Amplification

stringsthings

Someday, I really need to get going on these FV-1 projects that are sitting around.
I'm wondering if I'll get side-tracked on coming up with silly programs.

I like that name, "smoke and mirrors"
All You Need Is Love