News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole

Started by jkokura, September 30, 2011, 02:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

This pedal is cool! I was trying this out after finishing my build late last night, and I was a bit astonished that I had built a looper pedal! That's something I never imagined I'd do that when i started this journey!

I went with some aluminium knobs as my wife recommended when I finished the test run. She thought it went well considering the silver box with black decal. The box by the way is a 125BB, the second I've worked with so far. I love that size! I'm done with the 1590BB's for now, this enclosure is the same height as a 125B and an inch wider, so it works really, really well for some upcoming builds.

It's pretty simple to operate. One thing I wish I could do is start playback as soon as I start recording. It's also interesting to try and balance the three volume knobs, because they only work when the looper is active. So if you're wanting to cut it in and out you need to work hard at balancing those various levels out.

The filter knob works like a variable low pass filter I think, either that or a high cut which is essentially the same thing. I would have liked it to introduce a little bit more 'grit' rather than being just a tone control. Perhaps there's a mod to do that. I know Paul worked up a loophole with an LFO, and I may look at that...

And the Guts.

Hope you've enjoyed,

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Dang thats tidy, I like your nod to tape in the logo/graphic  8)
No detune?? :o

jkokura

Actually that's a Mobious Strip, which is sorta like a tape... It's a nod to the project that the Looper is based on.

I don't think I'll use the detune function. Could be cool, but not practical.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

jtn191

Quote from: jkokura on September 30, 2011, 02:28:19 AM

The filter knob works like a variable low pass filter I think, either that or a high cut which is essentially the same thing. I would have liked it to introduce a little bit more 'grit' rather than being just a tone control. Perhaps there's a mod to do that. I know Paul worked up a loophole with an LFO, and I may look at that...

throw some sort of clipping mod or build it with an fx loop. send to OD/fuzz

madbean

To add grit: replace R12 with a 250k pot and add two back to back 1n914s in the feedback loop (or put them across the lugs of the pot). This will give you gain and light clipping.  A 100k might be enough.

Looks great!

illcom

TNblueshawk

Very cool JK. Very clean gutz too.
John

jkokura

Got a video demo up of this one.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

snz728

Excellent job  ;) I think I'm adding this one to my to do list it looks like fun

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice demo Jacob! I wasn't convinced I needed one until I saw and heard Paul's! The LFO he added is a cool addition though it seemed like a whole lot of work and ended in a mess of spaghetti wiring!  :)
I can still hear maggot brain repeating....
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on October 02, 2011, 05:08:24 PM
Nice demo Jacob! I wasn't convinced I needed one until I saw and heard Paul's! The LFO he added is a cool addition though it seemed like a whole lot of work and ended in a mess of spaghetti wiring!  :)
I can still hear maggot brain repeating....

Haha, that is such a fun riff to jam along with, perfect fuzz/wah tone. Very cool looking as always Jacob; if you decide to add on an LFO I have a list of suggested values from the mod I did. It is a PITA to wire up though, should be better if Bean decides to include it in future revisions!