News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ironman Compressor

Started by k.rock!, September 27, 2011, 01:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Here's a Modified Ross Compressor from guitarpcb. My friend wanted an Ironman theme compressor so I designed this look using the Anodized Red finish from PPP and some gold knobs my friend chose from ebay.

Unfortunately I found that the waterslide decals don't adhere as well to the anodized finish as they do on glossy powder coated enclosure, so I had some air bubbles in the finished pedal which only appeared after I sprayed the second coat of clear :(

Kinda looks cool though...

Insides are OK. Wanted to be a little cleaner but, well, honestly the only people that look at that stuff are u guys! haha

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

That Red Anodized finish is awesome. Too bad the decal didn't come out. It totally suits the theme, as do the knobs. Are the knobs metal or plastic?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

k.rock!

Quote from: jkokura on September 27, 2011, 01:37:41 AM
That Red Anodized finish is awesome. Too bad the decal didn't come out. It totally suits the theme, as do the knobs. Are the knobs metal or plastic?

Jacob

I know man...actually in person it doesn't look as bad. I think the light reflections accentuate the bubbles more. :( I'm not giving up though...hopefully I can get it right next time.

The knobs are actually plastic and I had to use a dremel to file down the diameter of the holes to make them fit...a pain! but, my friend wanted those knobs, so I had to make them work haha

I'm doing another one in red anodized and it's gonna be just plain red and gold knobs like these...I bet that one will look better :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Rocktifier

Yeah, diggin the colors and theme

k.rock!

Quote from: Rocktifier on September 27, 2011, 01:43:25 AM
Yeah, diggin the colors and theme

Thanks bud! :) Ironman is a really cool character to base a pedal design. I think if I wanted to build a Marvel themed pedal for myself, would probably do it with Ironman first :P
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Man that looks awesome!  Decal looks great, and I love the gold knobs! I'd have it on my board! ;)

jimmybjj

i like it too, looks pretty cool!
Pcbs no longer available

k.rock!

Thanks guys :) I wish it would've turned out better...I guess I expect a lot from myself sometimes heh oh well! I'll nail the graphics on the next one for sure :P haha

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Cool build.  Nice to know about the anodized type finishes.  I've always used stamps on that particular color.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

I like the look a lot! Same color I chose, of course because my buddy wanted his to resemble a Dyna. I can hardly tell those knobs are plastic!!
Looks like you went with a 125B this time? I kinda wanna fit my next one in a 1590b just like your first one :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals