News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phase 45

Started by jkokura, September 28, 2011, 04:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

This is my favourite phaser, and I haven't had one in so long I was getting a little bit sad. I'm going to be doing a video to compare the Phase 90 and Phase 45 circuits, so stay tuned.

The neat thing about Phase 45's is that they get a little bit more 'univibe' like than the regular even swirl of a 4 stage phaser. Something about the two stage phaser gives you something more like an unsymmetrical swirl. Really cool stuff. I like it best with the speed a bit slower, really subtle in the background, same as I like my trem.

I'll probably be doing a modified one soon as well to compare with this one, one with a mix knob on the output to blend in some dry signal. Should be pretty cool.

Same deal as usual - print shop decal on a PPP powder coated enclosure, which I think is metallic orange and looks pretty dang cool. Not sure if I love the knob on this one...

And the Guts.

Hope you've enjoyed!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

Great build. This two is my current favorite phaser.
Pcbs no longer available

bigmufffuzzwizz

It looks great and the knob is pretty fitting even though it resembles the original.
I've still yet to build a phaser, I'd probably start with one of these (phase 45/90) or the Bad stone pcbs I purchased awhile ago. I'm excited to see your demo and get a better feel for which direction to head..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Tidy man... :) I still don't have a phaser on my board!