News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX microsynth squarewave fuzz (or suggest another squarewave fuzz)

Started by the3secondrule, June 06, 2014, 06:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kothoma

Congrats, I'm happy you got this to work. So you'd say you stripped it down just right?

the3secondrule

yeah, I'm very happy with how it turned out.
I thought it might've needed some filtering on the output, but the squarewave sound good to me.
The octave up maybe does need some of the highs shaved of the top.

Question for those who know more about OTA's than me - should I utilise the onboard buffer, for the output of the squarewave signal? I can't see why not, but I didn't on my proto...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

lars

I didn't notice the octave up sounding thin on my original, I would say it just adds more midrange to the overall sound, kind of hollow-sounding. The octave up notes actually seem to sound louder than the base note. The tracking certainly isn't perfect; sometimes you can hit the same note and not get the same octave up behavior. It depends a lot on your pick attack.

the3secondrule

One board claimed, still got one spare. if anyone's keen, PM me ;)

the3secondrule

Quote from: lars on July 23, 2014, 11:58:11 PM
I didn't notice the octave up sounding thin on my original, I would say it just adds more midrange to the overall sound, kind of hollow-sounding. The octave up notes actually seem to sound louder than the base note. The tracking certainly isn't perfect; sometimes you can hit the same note and not get the same octave up behavior. It depends a lot on your pick attack.

I ran pretty fast and loose with some of my component values, just so I could finish my build rather jam heading out to buy parts, so that could account for some differences. It's a very fuzzy octave up

I'm going to compare the octave up in the lowrider, I think they share a similar topology. I'll see if there are any differences.

Spacebass

Hallo, im sorry im resurrecting an old post, but this one seemed to be a succesful one. I m a bassist  looking fot that synth tone too, would it be possible to upload final schematic again? I imagine there are no pcbs Left. Thanks a lot,
Sergio